New Suspension Kits from DSE

Links to Comet Related Resources
2gr8kids

New Suspension Kits from DSE

Post by 2gr8kids »

Detroit Speed now offers suspension kits for Comets and Falcons.

The front suspension kits are a bolt on. There are several different levels of kit depending on the wheel size/brakes being used. This kit was designed to allow a 15" wheel with stock brakes or can be used with big brakes such as those from Baer and others.

The rear suspension is NOT a bolt on kit. It requires fabrication skills to install. The rear suspension is what Detroit Speed calls a quadralink and uses their patented links. It is an adjustable 4 link with a panhard bar.

The shocks in both kits are high quality US made JRI shocks.

The car shown on the Detroit Speed website on the Comet/Falcon platform page is my car and has both the front and rear suspensions installed. I worked for Detroit Speed for several years and helped with the development of the front suspenion and developed the rear suspenion.

To see what is required to install each you can open up the instruction from the website.

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: New Suspension Kits from DSE

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Interesting, I used the street or track suspension in my cyclone. Bolt in except drilling for the "Shelby drop". It has been in my car for almost 15 years, no regrets. Shawn runs the company right here in Michigan so I went to his house to pick it up.
https://streetortrack.com/suspension/fr ... ver-system
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry