Goodguys - Bowling Green

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
loman

Goodguys - Bowling Green

Post by loman »

Is anybody planning on going to the Goodguys event in Bowling Green in September? A couple of buddies and me are thinking about it, but we still haven't decided.

Ratical

Re: Goodguys - Bowling Green

Post by Ratical »

I'm debating on it as well. Still not decided. If I do I plan on being there at open Friday, and staying till sat evening and driving back. It's close to a 2 hour drive. I keep this post up to date if I decide.
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

loman

Post by loman »

Sounds good Ratical. Whenever we decide I'll update as well.

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Wrapping up another project on Comet, (posting results soon) so I made my reservations and registered for the show. So should be there, and will take and post pictures.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Ratical wrote:Wrapping up another project on Comet, (posting results soon) so I made my reservations and registered for the show. So should be there, and will take and post pictures.
If you are A DIE HARD FORD FAN,stay away from the "VETTE plant,had a couple of ford buddies that visted the place while they were there for an All ford show a few yrs back and one had a daughter that ran away and got married ,another that lost his best huntin dog and one that had a OLD GMC pu run over his prize award winning 56 T-bird,,,,reckon the FORD GODS were upset....so beware where you vist :lol: :roll: :shock: other then that,hope you have a great time at the show and good luck...and be safe !! POP :D
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Hey Pop a buddy & I stopped at the vette museum to take a dump a year or 2 ago, do you think I'm still in good standing with them? :? so far so good.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WAS charmin in the picture ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: by the way ,has anyone mention to you that you have the best sig picture on the entire forum? that rock school house in the back ground is the best,and the old comet don't look bad neither.............and knowing you,your cheap ass camara finaly took a good picture,,,,,,,,,,see what happens when you use good film? :lol: :shock: 8) pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

poboyjo65 wrote:Hey Pop a buddy & I stopped at the vette museum to take a dump a year or 2 ago, do you think I'm still in good standing with them? :? so far so good.
That's funny!

loman

Post by loman »

I don't think I am going to make it there. I checked the classes that are running and they are a little odd so I called and confirmed what I was reading on website.
They have index classes 7.0 7.5 ...thru 10.00. I don't fit in any of them. Then they have 2 dial in classes. Both classes are for 10.50 and slower with no electronics. I called and asked about transbrakes and cars that run from 10.10 - 10.40's. They said there wasn't a classs for them. I would have to slow my car down to 10.50 and not use my transbrake. One of my buddies cars is like mine. It's a transbrake car that runs in the low 10's. I haven't footbraked all year and I think he only did one week while breaking in new motor. So we are thinking of not going now but at last minute anything could happen.

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

That was about all I seen at Bowling Green KY GoodGuys. Figured I would Share, I drove the comet up, over 200 mile round trip. No Problems Good Weekend Overall

loman

Post by loman »

Glad you had a good safe trip. Thanks for the pictures.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks for sharing Rat. That's a new twist on side stripes on that red 64 comet,new to me. looks good! 1st pic ,in the background looks like a nice black late 50's ford ,,,maybe a ranchero?
Pop Thanks for the compliment on my sig pic, didnt see it until I had already changed it :roll: I may need to get another cheap camera, I've dropped this one too many times.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

yea thats why the comet looks good but the sky behind it is all cracked up :!: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda