Get them ready

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
corky.broughton

Get them ready

Post by corky.broughton »

Dear Comet Owners and Enthusiast,

Now is the time to start cleaning, waxing, cranking-up your comets (excluding Pug's Comet) to get ready for the 2016 Comet Gathering at Pigeon Forge, Tn.
Drive, Pull, drag your Comets to the Gathering and enjoy the company of sitting under the tent talking junk about cars or ???
Looking forward to seeing everyone again June 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

Take care, :D :D :D Corky

Ratical

Re: Get them ready

Post by Ratical »

Indeed. I've ordered parts and they are on there way. Few small upgrades. I will start posting the flyers on Facebook to refresh ppl so they can start getting ready..
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

OL POP has been ready since 2 days after I left PF last year,I've been praticing on glenda telling tall tales,,she says I ought to win the grand prize hands down...............so bring your rubber boots.....and join in on the fun.....the only thing holding you back is your nerves,,,and thats cause you ain't got nerve to attend......POP ?/ GLENDA.......POP ain;t diddly crap...but to get to meet MS GLENDA is worth the trip..trust me...next mo we've been married 49 yrs,,,she's a keeper for sure and a pleasure to shoot the wind with.......thanks ol POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Not dragging my Comet there but I will drag my wife along.

Looking at stopping in Nashville along the way, is it worth a stop? Anyplace else of interest along the way? (coming from western MO)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

I'm seriously thinking about coming down this year and trailering the racecar behind me. The Carlisle show on the same weekend has lost it's appeal to me. Maybe we'll do some racing while we're down there. Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

383MERC wrote:I'm seriously thinking about coming down this year and trailering the racecar behind me. The Carlisle show on the same weekend has lost it's appeal to me. Maybe we'll do some racing while we're down there. Mark
BRING it on ,,we can wait til about 2am and line every one of them up in front of the motel as far as OL POP is concerned,,been there done that,hell the 1st time I was got I was 13yrso driving a 51 flathead ford( boy was my momma pissed) my dad was in GERMANY in the army,,, :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

45 days left till Friday June 3. No excuses, you may not be able to build your dream car. But should be to get your comet running good enough to drive to the mountain breeze. If not you have time to rent borrow or steal a trailer..remember we welcome all comets and your welcome to hear the same stories if you just wanna show up without a car. I've confirmined my reservation. And already had the comet out testing my winter upgrades.
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

who all is planning on trying to make the trip?? just wondering !!! pop
pop/glenda

StPro

Post by StPro »

I have been thinking about doing the Hot Rod Power Tour again with the Torino. Would you boo me out if I showed up with that instead of a Comet?
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

StPro wrote:I have been thinking about doing the Hot Rod Power Tour again with the Torino. Would you boo me out if I showed up with that instead of a Comet?
NO SIR !! you are more then welcome,ain't no way you'd be boo-d,,you show up in what ever you drive,,just show up !!....MOPAR346 owns a comet,but showed up a MOPAR last year and parked it with the comets !! it's more about the people ,then the comets...pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

StPro wrote:I have been thinking about doing the Hot Rod Power Tour again with the Torino. Would you boo me out if I showed up with that instead of a Comet?
I hope not I am going to show up in a 2006 F150 most likely, I won't park with the Comet however :P

I think we are not scheduled to show up until Friday afternoon sometime, and then spend that and Saturday night there heading back toward home on Sunday.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I may show up in a chevy truck , :lol: as a last resort of course, but if anybody sees a chevy pulling up with a blue comet in tow, see if you can distract Pop until I get it unloaded !:lol: :lol:
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I haven't decided if I'm going to bring my Comet or not, yet, but if I do, I'll be towing it with a GMC truck. We may have to get a straight-jacket for Pop, John! :shock: :lol:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

A few yrs ago,I gave thought to buying a GMC truck,,,for the only reason being ,THAT I'd like to wear a truck plum ass out,before my no driving days slip up on me,,cause I can't wear a FORD out,,I just get tired of it and buy me another,,last month marked 25 yrs for one of my trucks and it still runs good and has the orignal clutch and alt and all the lights but the head light bulbs......but that thought of the chevy trk didn't last any longer then a popcorn fart in a whirl wind.........OL POP is giving everybody a free pass on what ever it takes to get you and or your comet to the gathering (this year,but next year will have to wait,it's 12mos away) thanks and POP can't wait to see and shake hands with all !!!!!!!!..me and Glenda and the ole red ride plan on showing up thursday afternoon.............................pop
pop/glenda

waywillia7404

Post by waywillia7404 »

Like a lot of you guys I made my res. before I left last year. So like Pops I have been ready since last year. Ratical that would be great if you would post some flyers I had some trouble last time. JL got some out last year. Check my Face book for my new post. I have been giving some out at all the shows that I have been with some positive results. So Ole Yellow is sitting on ready. See you on Thursday.