Hot Rod Reunion

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
loman

Re: Hot Rod Reunion

Post by loman »

Got home real late last night, but made it safely.

Corky, glad you made it there and was able to put those tickets to good use.

corky broughton

Post by corky broughton »

Loman, I never did see the results of your class. How did you place? :D :D :D Corky

loman

Post by loman »

I lost in the 4th round. Good race, but only 1 can advance. I followed the guy that beat me back to his pit and congratulated him and wished him luck.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I followed the guy that beat me back to his pit and congratulated him and wished him luck.[/quote]
THAT is what a good racer does,,that shows CLASS,,we do that but very few do it back to us.....and that makes me sad,,,but thats just how people are today......it borders on respect and that is lacking in todays' lifestyle......thats' JMO as always......pop
pop/glenda

rfordman

Post by rfordman »

Corky, sorry I missed you at the reunion this past weekend. I spoke with Dan for a few mins on friday, he saw my car over in the show n shine area. I also talked to loman for a bit in the staging lane and watched his first pass. Sounds like he did pretty well. I did see a lot of comets there this weekend, that was cool.

corky broughton

Post by corky broughton »

rfordman. Sorry I missed you at the reunion, but glad you did talk to Dan and Loman (Great people!!!). Hope you will show-up for the 2016 Gathering. The dates are June 3rd, 4th, and 5th. How did your car do in the Show and Shine. I was really hoping the Comets would place well in all the events they were involved in. Hope you enjoyed the reunion and I will catch up with you later, :D :D :D Corky

rfordman

Post by rfordman »

Corky, definitely planning on being there for the gathering next year. I only had my car out at the park on friday. So I don't know how all that works out there as far as judging or placing etc. I had a great time though, that's a must for all hot rod enthusiasts.

loman

Post by loman »

Somebody told me there was a pic of my car from Bowling Green on Bangshift.com. I went looking for it and I found this 4 door car first.

http://bangshift.com/gallery/holley-nhr ... reunion-5/

I found my car and another 65. That other 65 is a sweet car. It has original cloth interior and had a very fast small block. I met the owner and he is a super nice guy. I thought I had a long tow to KY but he had me beat as he was from MI. I told him about this forum so hopefully he shows up here someday.

http://bangshift.com/gallery/holley-nhr ... reunion-8/

loman

Post by loman »

looking at some more pics from Bowling Green, and I came across a red 64 with silver stripe on the side with Tennessee plates.

http://bangshift.com/gallery/holley-nhr ... reunion-3/