2015 Comet Gathering Flyer

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
popscomet

Re: 2015 Comet Gathering Flyer

Post by popscomet »

caseville cyclone wrote:GLENDA GLENDA GLENDA,congrats on 48 years,my wife and I will have 48 years this coming September!!! But when it comes to POP'S dreams I think you let him sniff too much exhaust through out those 48 years and as ROY would say JMO!!! Andy
HA !! ole pop is 66 yrso,he does just about what ever he wants TOO,Glenda don't and hasn't ever had a whole lot of say so in what ever POP does,I havn't ever done anything dis -repectful toward her or against her,so this ole boy does just about anything he wants to,so she didn't let me sniff to much exhaust..I've always worked HARD and PLAYED hard and took care of business,and have one of the most eventful lifes you could ever think of,,,and you can take that to the bank,trust me !! POP
pop/glenda

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

I'm with you on all that stuff you said POPS,because I'm 67 years old and this month I'll be 68,and you know something I wouldn't change any of it!!!! I made the comment about sniffing exhaust because you had a dream about a MOPAR!!! I know if you cut yourself you would be bleed blue!! Have a great day. ANDY

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL,happy birthday,ANDY,my race car drivin GRD son has a BD this mo as well as my only sister.POP,has bleed blue all of his entire life,I just LOVE fords,as far as I'm concerned,HENRY FORD hung the moon....I just hate it when someone in the house starts making noise during a FORD commerical on TV !! :lol: have a super day,pop :lol:
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

POP. I HOPE THIS YOUNGER GENERATION LEARNS WHAT YOU AND I DID ABOUT MARRIAGE AND LAST AS LONG AS WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED A LOT LONGER THAN WE WERE SINGLE I AM A FAVORITE OF FORD BLUE MYSELF BUT I DO HAVE A 40 & 52 MAYFLOWER BUT THEY DONT HOLD A LIGHT TO THE LITTLE WHITE 65CYCLONE C U SOON ROLL COMETS. J L

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

duncanjl wrote:POP. I HOPE THIS YOUNGER GENERATION LEARNS WHAT YOU AND I DID ABOUT MARRIAGE AND LAST AS LONG AS WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED A LOT LONGER THAN WE WERE SINGLE I AM A FAVORITE OF FORD BLUE MYSELF BUT I DO HAVE A 40 & 52 MAYFLOWER BUT THEY DONT HOLD A LIGHT TO THE LITTLE WHITE 65CYCLONE C U SOON ROLL COMETS. J L
JL,have been married since I was 18yrs old,,I do not know of any other life,nor do I ever want to know...I had a chance at taking a ENGINERR's postion and drive the TRAIN,,but after thinking it over and realizing how much I would be away from GLENDA and those 2 kids,I turned it down and stayed in the shops,til I RETIRED !! AS far as those 2 mayflowers,,they may be nice,have seen one,in fact...they couldn't hold a light to that POSTER CHILD COMET ,you and PAT own,,there ain't many comets that can......have not forgot about the info on how late our last race of the year is...I keep forgettin to ask DWAYNE or CORY when they are out here,,gonna have to tie a string around my finger,but then I'll still forget and probaly tie the string in a granny knot to tight and cut the blood flow off and loose a finger,,, :shock: :lol: :? pop
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Pop don't tie a string around your finger ,but if you do be sure MS GLENDA knows what it's for so she won't let your finger rot off.i will try to get some pics of MAYFLOWERS before we start out that way .Be CAREFUL BESAFE C U LATER ROLL COMETS JL. &PAT

todd.a.adkins

Post by todd.a.adkins »

This looks very promising. With me missing out on so much stuff this year from being deployed I see something I thoroughly enjoy. A bunch of classics. Not just any classics. COMETS! Looks like I'll have to kick it into gear when I get back home and getthe old girl sanded patched ppremiered and painted up for this. Where do I sign on the dotted line. I know someone with a white comet used back in the day for drag racing. Big money car apparently. Maybe I could talk him into going

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

TODD,you coming to the gathering with your comet,would be super !! but your comet don't have to be fresh painted or slick,,we like primer and rusty bent bumpers,,so haul it push or pull it,,,but forever the reason your comet can't make it,,,,YOU come anyway..thanks...pop
pop/glenda

todd.a.adkins

Post by todd.a.adkins »

Well she definitely will be running that's for sure. The wofe won't want to ride along with me if the car isn't painted and I definitely can't leave without her and the baby. She'll be helping so hopefully we Will have it done. If not I'll still come down withsome pictures of the progress

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

NOW TODD,thats a plan to strive for ,,here's a cold beer to your plans,,,now get on the stick and make it happen..........bring a chair and some rubber boots,,it gets deep at times...................pop
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Todd you can tell by lookin at mine that paint ain't important at the gathering. Along with Pop's beer I've got a shot of lemonade to go with your plans on getting it done, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

The way I see it ,,everyone has 5 mos to prepare for PIGEON FORGE,,do what ever you have to do,,rather it be save up some dollars,,put in for a couple of days of vacation,,rob a bank,,get married or split up with her or him,,do what you have to do to come oh yea ! make a resv for a room at the MOUNTAIN BREEZE MOTEL,,be sure and tell them your with the comet bunch so you get the discount for the room.BUT try your best to be there,,bring a folding chair and if you happen to own a pair of rubber boots,bring those or be ready to go barefeet,,as it will get deep under the tent when the sun goes down,,,,hope all had a very good XMAS and will have a better new year for 2015,and by planning to come to PF is a postive way of starting off the year...thank you and if you can't do nothing else...you can be careful !!and thanks to FOMOCO for building the COMET,and to CORKY and his wonderful better half for starting this comet gathering....later...pop/GLENDA
pop/glenda

corky broughton

Post by corky broughton »

Pugs65, Please save me some of that lemonade go juice. That was the best!!! As I read through all of the messages I'm so encouraged by the comments and for those that are planning on attending this years Comet Gathering. Rev up the engines and do not worry about paint and the slick finishes on the classics just bring what you have. I assure you that many of the Comets are trailered to the event, including mine.

By the way, I received a call from Jim from PF the other day. He is looking forward to having the group back in town. He mentioned how boring it is right now and is looking forward to having us in town. He just went through a knee replacement and is laid up at his home right now. If you have a chance, I'm sure he would appreciate a phone call from the group or individuals (615-938-7545). I asked if he has been working on the GTA Fairlane. No movement on it but has completely insulated the garage and is now ready to get started.

Pops, Congrats on the anniversary and the years of being married. Glenda, has to be a great gal to hang around with you for all the years you have been together. Your stories and situations you describe as usual keep me in stitches.

MOPAR- The AAR was so impressive. Glad you made the voyage this past year in the Cuda. I have a special place and heart for the MOPARS. I tried to buy a 1970 GTX the other day but it sold before I could make contact with the person. It had the 440 cu.in. engine with a four speed. No rust and the car had never been hit. It had an unusual light green original paint and he wanted $9,000.00 for it.

Jl- Your car will be the the anniversary car this year. 50 year anniversary for the 1965 Comets (your car is so impressive). Hope you plan on having it at the show for the complete time of the Gathering. I'm sure there will be many that will want to look it over. As usual I look forward to your conversation and smile. Hope the health is doing good.

Glad several people of are planning on making this years Gathering the best yet by attending. It will be hard to beat the three previous years and the friendships that have been developed, but I look forward to meeting and developing the future friendships.

Looking forward to the Gathering and having the conversation with everyone. Have a Great and Productive New Year, Happy 2015 :D :D :D Corky

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Like button hit.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Corky ,Thanks for all the good words about the Cyclone I really appreciate it .I want to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR and I will C U N P/F N June until then ROLL. COMETS J L