Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
duncanjl

Gathering

Post by duncanjl »

Hello again Comet lovers just wanted to remind everyone about THE GATHERING ,time is drawing near about 3months away time to (spit shine,turn wrenches,load on trailers, or dollies , drive,or push,)or what ever you have to do to get them there.Want this to be largest number of comets in one place since production. SO HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE UNTIL JUNE ROLL COMETS J L

pugs65

Re: Gathering

Post by pugs65 »

JL. Can't wait. I'm going to try and see if a guy will bring his Christman's Comet up. He doesn't live to far from PF. It depends on his health, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Pugs,that sounds great I have talked with a lot of folks said they plan to come ,hope they all show should be a crowd this year if they all do UNTIL JUNE. ROLL COMETS ( OH don't forget your fruit juice)may need 1 to go if possible

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

J L, Not a problem, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I can dang near spit a watermelon seed on the 1st wk end of june from where I'm at right now,,how 'bout you?,,,better start getting it on your mind......it'll be here before you scratch an itch :shock: pop
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

POP if yaw are waiting on me you are late starting I AM R E A D Y NOW but guess like the rest I will wait. ROLL COMETS J L

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP has been ready since the end of june last year,,have you got some good BS,for the tent? I had some ,but I'm to bashful to say it,I'll write it down and let you read it,,OK??,,,,,unless PUG's variety juice shows up,,,,hope all is well with you 2....POP
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

What version of the gathering is the upcoming one? Is this the 3rd 5th or nth gathering? Which gathering has had the most Comets show up? Which year has had the most people show up?

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

POP,everything is going pretty well Pat has been able to come of some of Meds and cut back on oxygen ,Belly is still healing as for the B/S under the tent I'm sure you will get your nerve upand not have to write it down that ( lemon & grape coolaid our friend Pugs )has will boost your courage long with all the GOOD company we will have. C U N P/F ROLL COMETS J L

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Great to hear about y'alls health....Glenda and I have already started talking about the trip,can't hardly wait,,take care friend see you in 2months,,,we planning on being there thursday like always,,,,POP/Glenda
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

POP,I think we have been talking about the gathering since we pulled out of Motel last year READY to be there now ,still got to wait I think our reservation starts on Wed but I will be there waiting on yaw on Thurs about dark. C U N P/F ROLL COMETS J L

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Pop, JL, you guys can rest easy cause I will have the cool aid you guys so desire. I'm ready as well. I need to pick some brains and get input on the next update to the comet. I don't know if the wife is goin to make the trip or not this year. My son may come since he will be out of school. Definitely look in forward to the fun and good times.
302 roller
4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I have a feeling this gathering is gonna be the best EVER !! pop
pop/glenda

corky broughton

Post by corky broughton »

Dear 2015 Gathering Participants,
Wanted to give everyone a heads-up on a guest that would like to talk with the Comet Gathering group on Saturday. Mr. Jamie Palo, manager of the Deer Ridge Mountain Resort in Gatlinburg, Tn. would like to host the Comet Gathering at his resort next year, not this year. He is willing to pay for trophies and have everything setup for the Comets to be washed if we have an interest plus give us a discount at the resort if we stay there. He would like to talk with the group on Saturday as we eat our traditional meal together. I told Mr. Palo that Susie, manager of the Mountain Breeze Hotel, has been great to us and it may be hard to move the Comet Gathering after this year but I felt the group needed to make that decision and not me alone. I have always seen the Comet Gathering as a Grass Roots event and that everyone should have input as to what the group should do. Mr. Palo also suggested that the group could travel to his resort in Gatlinburg, 5 miles down the road, so that he could show off the features of the resort. If we agree to this it would take place on Saturday after we eat. Let me know if you have any concerns about this possible arrangement. You can call me at (270) 978-0100 or email me at corky.broughton@murraystate.edu. Trust everyone is getting ready for the June 5th, 6th, and 7th Gathering. I will be arriving on Thursday the 4th. I"m looking forward seeing everyone. :D :D :D Corky

corky broughton

Post by corky broughton »

Wow, two post in the same day. Just got off the phone with Susie, Manager of the Mountain Breeze Motel, She is planning on cooking her secret recipe for Chili and potatoes for the group on Saturday. She has already reserved the large tent for us again and has noted that the reservations are up this year. She stated she is really looking forward to having us. I feel certain we will be treated like royalty by the staff, as usual. Besides the lemon juice that we will all partake of, the staff at the hotel will have coffee/donuts each morning and popcorn every evening for the group. It is hard to beat what Susie and her staff offer us each year. Seems to me the Gathering gets better every year. Jim L. has already stated he will be visiting us and is looking forward to seeing everyone again. Keep in mind, Jim just had knee replacement and may be slow to move around. I asked him if he has been working on the 1966 Fairland (GTA) and he stated with his knee out there has not been much time to work on it.

Please remember as you check into the Motel to tell the staff or Susie how much we appreciate what they do for us. We definitely need pictures taken at this years Gathering and post on the website. Not sure yet, but I would really like to beat any record of the most Comets at one event. With everyone's help, we will accomplish this historic event this year. :D :D :D Take care and drive safely, Corky