PCV system

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
Adams

PCV system

Post by Adams »

Hello Guys--I have a '62 with the 144 six. It has an open breather and road draft tube. I see in the shop manual that in 63 they went to a quasi-PCV system with a line coming from the old road draft tube area up to the air cleaner. There seems to be an elbow fitting of some sort down by the block that the manual says has an 'orifice' in it (not a true PCV valve, I'm guessing). My question is--do any of you have this '63 type of setup? Does it work? Can I convert mine, and where do I get the parts--do I need this 'orifice' fitting? I'm trying to eliminate some of the crankcase smell that just goes everywhere, especially at idle. Thanks, Chris

Adams

Re: PCV system

Post by Adams »

Here's what the '63 setup looks like that I would like to switch to...anyone have this?Image

Adams

Post by Adams »

Well, not finding any info, I decided to build my own system. A couple of different hoses, some random fittings and brass tubing, and here we go! Fumes now go into bottom of air cleaner between outer shell and air filter instead of engine compartment. I cut the road draft tube in half and pointed it upwards.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I notice you have a double action fuel pump, and the top half is not in use,has it been converted to 'lectric wipers ? POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:I notice you have a double action fuel pump, and the top half is not in use,has it been converted to 'lectric wipers ? POP
my picture ain't that plain so I could be wrong,,,,thanks POP
pop/glenda

Adams

Post by Adams »

It's still vacuum wipers--must just be the pic. Chris

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Adams wrote:It's still vacuum wipers--must just be the pic. Chris
thanks !! POP
pop/glenda