Carb linkage question

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
H8D-62

Carb linkage question

Post by H8D-62 »

Hey guys just started working on my 62 comet. The little 1bbl autolite that was on it was thrashed. A friend of mine had one he gave to me, difference is it's a manual choke which is okay here in Ca. Barely need the choke anyways. Only hiccup I ran into is it looks like the accelerator linkage is different. Is there a different linkage I can put on where it all connects to the spacer under the carb or is the solution to just get a longer rod for between the carb linkage and accelerator linkage. Any help is appreciated. I've attached a picture to help show what I'm talking about.

popscomet

Re: Carb linkage question

Post by popscomet »

COOL,a pic is worth a 1000 words,right now with the carb not hooked up ,is the gas pedal in the correct postion??,,,,,I don't see why you can't rig up a longer linkage ,it won't be much longer,,just make sure the gas pedal sits correct,,not to high,not to low.....pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I switched between Holleys and Autolites and didn't have to change the linkage, will the long horizontal rod not adjust short enough on the end to pull the arm up higher?

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

H8D-62

Post by H8D-62 »

lavron wrote:I switched between Holleys and Autolites and didn't have to change the linkage, will the long horizontal rod not adjust short enough on the end to pull the arm up higher?

See Ya,
Mike

I don't see any kind of an adjustment on the long horizontal rod. If that rod was shorter it could swing that bracket up and make it work.

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Not as familiar with linkages on 6 cyl carbs but maybe this will help. It is listed for a 170/200 but also fits on v8 carb linkages.

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/ ... 335-1.html

Ron

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

H8D-62 wrote:I don't see any kind of an adjustment on the long horizontal rod. If that rod was shorter it could swing that bracket up and make it work.
Ok I have to admit I haven't had the stock linkage for years and mine is part of the OFFY triple setup and it has collars that slide on the shaft and lock down, I was trying to remember from years ago :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Can't you just cut it in the center & weld in a new piece of rod to make it longer?
Johno