Can I put 1100 Carb for Man Tranny on 200 w/Auto tranny

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
1964Comet404
Location: upstate, ny - owego (not to be confused with "oswego")

Can I put 1100 Carb for Man Tranny on 200 w/Auto tranny

Post by 1964Comet404 »

Good Day! I hope All are enjoying a pleasant one. I was told that the 1100 Carb with One (1) diphragm is for Sixes/6's with Manual Transmissions and that 1100 Series Carbs with 2 diaphragm's are for Sixes/6's with Automatic Transmissions.

Is that True, and if so, can the Man. Tranny version, (single diaphragm) be adjusted or modified for Sixes/6's with Automatic Transmissions?

I have the opportunity to get a great deal on a single diaphragm carb, but I want to know/confirm that it will work on my Six with the double-diaphram Setup.

Enjoy Everything!

john b.
john v. b.

"If it aint' broke... Drive It!" ~ me

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MattDoscher

Re: Can I put 1100 Carb for Man Tranny on 200 w/Auto tranny

Post by MattDoscher »

I'm sure it would run w/ a slightly different carb. I can't confirm this though, but I don't see why it wouldn't. I'm sure there are many cars out there w/ the wrong carbs on them.
1965 Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252

1964Comet404
Location: upstate, ny - owego (not to be confused with "oswego")

Re: Can I put 1100 Carb for Man Tranny on 200 w/Auto tranny

Post by 1964Comet404 »

MattDoscher wrote:I'm sure it would run w/ a slightly different carb. I can't confirm this though, but I don't see why it wouldn't. I'm sure there are many cars out there w/ the wrong carbs on them.
I recently learned via Classic Inlines, in their Tech Doc department, that the Autolite 1100 with Spark Advance is somewhat mated to the Load-O-Matic Distributor. Installing a non-spark advance carb without changing the distributor is possible, but the engine will probably run with very poor performance. I believe as per this Autozone Image / Breakdown of Autolite 1101 Carburetor, that the 1101 has the Spark Advance and will work with the LOM Distributor... but as far as other "wrong carbs"... I think the engine will run like Cr.....

See This: http://classicinlines.com/Loadomatic.asp

...and this: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repair ... 5280053d79
john v. b.

"If it aint' broke... Drive It!" ~ me

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson