carb perculating

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
dmsteen

carb perculating

Post by dmsteen »

had my carb off my 170 rebuilt by carbontooters,but now it is perculating pretty bad, asked him any suggestions and he said to put a spacer in. my ? is, I didn't have this issue before and didn't have a spacer, any suggestions ? and if I need a spacer where would I get one ?

thank you

dave

Tristan

Re: carb perculating

Post by Tristan »

The carb on my 200 would do that and it looked to be recently bought or rebuilt when I bought it. It always started up for me an ran decent so I didn't bother troubleshooting.
ImageImage

Comechero65

Re: carb perculating

Post by Comechero65 »

dmsteen wrote:had my carb off my 170 rebuilt by carbontooters,but now it is perculating pretty bad, asked him any suggestions and he said to put a spacer in. my ? is, I didn't have this issue before and didn't have a spacer, any suggestions ? and if I need a spacer where would I get one ?

thank you

dave
Check summit racing, they sell a large assortment of spacers. The thicker the better. If it never did that before there must be some problem with the cooling system. Needs to be checked out. Also check ti make sure the timing isn't advanced to far or advancing to fast.
Ron