exhaust for a 77

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
mattscomet

exhaust for a 77

Post by mattscomet »

Hello everyone! My exhaust on my comet is band aided, it shakes where it meets the exhaust manifold and, to get to the point I need a whole new exhaust, and i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or any information that could help me :) thanks everyone

Tbart

Re: exhaust for a 77

Post by Tbart »

Matt, I'm surprised no one has responded. I think there are many options. First, a stock system with a good muffler works great and lasts a long time. If it's loose where the pipe joins the manifold the studs could be damaged. It is much easier to replace them with the manifold off. You may need new intake/exhaust gasket any way. A stock manifold IMO will not have any real performance advantage with larger diameter pipe. A stock pipe will get plenty hot to vaporize moisture in the system and make it last. Too large a pipe doesn't get hot enough to do this and don't seem to last. I don't think headers do much good if the intake, carb and cam remain stock. This stuff IS all available though and you can build a Ford 200 to V8 type power with some study. Hope that helps.