Andy's Interior Install

Discussions about general body work and modifications
Kingspeedy2

Re: Andy's Interior Install

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

no worries Andy , I have no shortage of questions. your car is looking really sharp. I too re did my floor boards and tried to stay true to the original contour. Hopefully they are close enough for the molded .I found a very controlled heat from a hair drier will help.
On another note and since its fresh in your memory can you touch base on Door assembly.It is one of my fears, I have lots of pictures and the manual but This time stuff will be painted and chromed (3 years from now..or 5) .I will trial fit it all first while its in the rough stage. On the doors did you put the window frame in the door loosely and then install the 2 horizontal felts at the top edge of the door, and then pulled the frame up through?

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Kingspeedy2, when I installed the fuzzies on the door,my door panel was off. All of my glass and frame was already installed. All I did was lower the window stop and the side glass slides down enough to pop out the old fuzzies and pop in the new ones. I then repositioned the window stop and project was completed,it went a lot easier than I expected!! Andy

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Hi, I am making the floor in my 64 Comet and your pictures are helping for the couture of what it is to look like, most of the floor was taken out to make the frame, I am wondering if it would be better to buy a new floor panels, has anyone bought them and where, they will need to be cut up to fit the way the the engine is up higher than before and over the drive shaft hoops , and does the ash tray go on the drivers door, and were do you buy the door arm rests. Leny Mason

caseville cyclone

LENYM, I bought the front toe boards,the pans in front of seat riser,and the pans behind the front seat riser from Auto Krafters many years ago. My son fabricated the pans behind the rear seat riser,everything was welded back in close to where the stock pans were removed and molded carpet fit well. You can see in the picture I posted where the bolts ended up for my driveshaft loop. I think Lip Ripper installed a full floor pan in his Falcon,I'm not sure if they make that for 1964 Comet or not. Andy (click on picture for larger view)

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Andy do you have pictures of the back foot well to thanks. Leny

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Leny If your floors need to sit higher, or parts of it does, & since the floor pans are so high priced,with all of the work you would have to do to make them work, I think you'd be better off making the floors from scratch,, especially with your skills. JMO.
Johno

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Thanks, You are right I mostly want to see were the foot wells are and so I don't lose where the seats go, so I have room under them and the guy that is doing the seats ordered carpet ready made so it would be nice if it was close . Leny

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Leny I'm sending you a PM.
Johno

caseville cyclone

Sorry Leny, I have no pictures of sheet metal work behind rear seat riser. Andy

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

poboyjo65 wrote:Leny I'm sending you a PM.
Hi, are you sending me an Email or what I don't know what a PM is I am looking at my Email thanks. Leny Mason

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

LENYM wrote:
poboyjo65 wrote:Leny I'm sending you a PM.
Hi, are you sending me an Email or what I don't know what a PM is I am looking at my Email thanks. Leny Mason
PM is a private message, kind of like a e-mail through the forum. If you look at the top left of the forum screen, under the logo you will see two blue stripes. The top stripe has " Board Index - Comet performance - body shop" The lower stripe has " user control panel, (* new messages) - view your posts". Click on "new messages" to see your PM's

Lou

caseville cyclone

I'm getting ready to install my Retro Sound radio and speakers. I don't want to install my speakers in my package tray because its new and I put red vinyl on it from my material that I had left over. Also I don't want to install my speakers in my kick panels because I have so many wires running behind them or use my speaker grill because of the tach mounted there. Decided to make a plate and mount them under glove compartment door. Andy ( click on picture for larger view )

caseville cyclone

This is my speaker plate and brackets painted. Of course the paint job turned out nice because it's not visable unless you look under the dash. Andy (click on picture)

caseville cyclone

These are my speakers mounted in my speaker plate. Andy (click on picture)

caseville cyclone

Speakers mounted and wired under dash,brackets made it really solid. Plenty of room to install glove compartment insert without interferring with speakers. Andy (click on picture)