Crites spring relocation kit

Discussions about general body work and modifications
Dirtburner

Crites spring relocation kit

Post by Dirtburner »

Does anyone have any experience with the spring relocation kit? did you use their sub frame connectors?

barrys65cyclone

Re: Crites spring relocation kit

Post by barrys65cyclone »

I used there sub frame connectors

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Here’s one guy that used the kit:
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... tes#p70776
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

I got both on my 65. The spring relocate looked a little suspect at first but with 600+ hp and a lot of hard launches...no problems. Subframe connectors are kind of entry level and I wouldn't use them on a serious race car but so far my windshields haven't popped out.

Dirtburner

Post by Dirtburner »

Thanks for the replies,
I have a 385 series to be swapped in. Should make around 550/600 hp. with a toploader. I am planning spring relocation frame ties and an 8 point. any and all suggestions would be welcomed. I am a little concerned about front frame rails and torque boxes. It is a solid car but how much can the stock frame hold up to with frame ties? then there is the question of mid plat and motor plate or the normal mount kit that crites sells? Anyone use the Crites Headers?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to build a solid plan, and what better place to gain knowledge than right here with you fine people...

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Loman (username on here) has a Comet with a 385 series BB & motor plate. Hopefully he chimes in!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

loman

Post by loman »

As Rocket said, I have a bbf and motor plates. However there is nothing left of the original floor or frame rails. I have 2x3 frame rails the entire length of the car, no shock towers or inner fenders of any kind and the firewall has been moved back a ways. If you have questions, fire away i'll try to answer them if I can. However, it sounds like your car is a quite a bit different than mine. The big block will sure fill your engine bay and all that torque will test your chassis. The cage will really help tie everything together and help handle the torque.

Dirtburner

Post by Dirtburner »

Loman, is your car a 4 link car? Is it a strut front?

loman

Post by loman »

Yes, my car is 4 link with struts.