Car Covers

Discussions about general body work and modifications
Flintlock

Car Covers

Post by Flintlock »

Due to lack of garage room I'm going to have to store my 65 outside for a while. What car cover is the best to keep out moisture, etc? Online prices and reviews are all over the place so I thought I would ask those with actual experience in these matters.

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Car Covers

Post by A/FX »

I really do not recommend leaving any vehicle outdoors but if you have no other choice you must take certain precautions to prevent damage.
I have used a “car bag” for long term indoor storage with great results. (https://www.carbag.com) if you go that route you should use a desiccant to absorb any moisture in the air. (It works, trust me)
A normal car cover will not withstand weather, even if it does not self destruct from the wind, the cover will abraid the paint. One of my car covers is a product known as “Noah” it is made from a paper product but is water “resistant” And breathable, it works well for overnight outdoors use but I would not use it for storage. NEVER use a water proof car cover, the condensation will accumulate under the cover and destroy the vehicle.
Also, take all precautions to stop rodents from getting any where near the car, they will destroy everything including making body panels rust. (Urine) they will also eat wiring, rubber, etc.
If you do some investigating you should be able to find indoor storage for your car, someone might have a empty stall that you could rent cheap.
Good luck
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

poboyjo65

Re: Car Covers

Post by poboyjo65 »

Johno