Wax or Sealer

Discussions about general body work and modifications
tomb22

Wax or Sealer

Post by tomb22 »

What do you guys use for waxing or sealing a new paint job? I see advertisements for polymer and ceramic sealers verses wax. I did a review check and the product names are all over the place as far as which is a good one.
Tom
tomb's 65

SASSY

Re: Wax or Sealer

Post by SASSY »

I use Barry's stuff. painted in '02 still shines up good. But, I'm not that good at keeping it clean and shiny.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Tom...did you get your boo-boo fixed?
Jim

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

You want to wait 60-90 days after painted for it to cure well. Then really your choice, the sealer is easier and last longer, wax will give the paint more gloss/depth but doesn't last as long. I use wax.

Lou

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Tom...did you get your boo-boo fixed?
Jim
I finally called my insurance guy and it's covered but there is a $1000.00 deductible. I'm thinking a good deal. So last Monday/Tuesday I was going to take it to a couple of body shops, but we ended up getting freezing rain. Now it's gotten cold and it's snowing today. So for the short answer "no".

Thanks Sassy and Lou for the info. I see that some people put a sealer on it and then wax over it. I'm going to start giving it the final buffing and then cover it with something. Not sure what yet.
Tom
tomb's 65

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ain't got nothing to do with the top side,,but in a day or so, I will get posted what the bottom side of my 64 comet looks like that never has had any paint under coating ,etc. put on it,,,it is factory correct..just always kept washed and clean,altho what you'll see has not been washed since last summer,,,,and I drive it....POP
pop/glenda