body assembly manual

Discussions about general body work and modifications
forden

body assembly manual

Post by forden »

Quick question to anyone who has one--if I have the '61 shop manual and 62-3 supplement, does the separate 1963 body assembly manual contain enough additional information to make it worth buying?

Thanks

https://www.faxonautoliterature.com/196 ... 10971.aspx
-----------------------------------------
1963 Comet 4-door

GeneB

Re: body assembly manual

Post by GeneB »

I bought that manual & the Interior Assembly Manual at a swap meet a few weeks ago. I think they are helpful & worth the money

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GeneB wrote:I bought that manual & the Interior Assembly Manual at a swap meet a few weeks ago. I think they are helpful & worth the money
A manual on one of these old cars on any part of it,to me is helpful,,,I don't care how old you may be or how much you have worked on these old cars,,you can't know it all and father time does sit in,,you will forget something,,or you just didn't learn it in the first place,,,and if that manual helps you ONE time,,,then it's worth it..and it will save you time and may keep you from having to lick that cat twice.....pop
pop/glenda

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

Pop...so true! A friend hauled a basket case deal over to me to put together. He says the hard work has been done which was kinda true.It was a nicely painted shell with all the running gear done. All the parts were in a trailer which he parked in my driveway. Anyway,what he forgot to tell me was there were a lot of parts in there from 2 parts cars,1 wasn't even the same model. He saved everything he thought I might be able to use.It was one giant jigsaw puzzle and would have been almost impossible to get it together without the manual. I did have parts left over.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that's a true friend...to make sure you had spare parts,,,hard to beat a guy like that :!: :wink: :shock: :?
pop/glenda

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

I sure would like a copy of the 65 body Manual but it seems to have been lost in time .You think every dealer would have received one
Any one got or seen one?