Cowl Modifications

Discussions about general body work and modifications
02HD9294

Cowl Modifications

Post by 02HD9294 »

After reading the rusty cowl thread with the removal and repair underway, I thought I should start a new thread.
I'm considering going one step further with the cowl repair on my 62. Since my plan is to install Vintage Air, and the cowl floor is quite rotted around the intakes, I thought I would fill in the cowl floor completely and also fill in the grill on the cowl cover. I would run drain tubes from the cowl for any leakage around the wiper posts, instead of just letting it run down the inside of the fenders.

If anyone has done something similar, I would appreciate seeing pictures.
62 Comet Restomod...who knows how it will turn out?

Ratical

Re: Cowl Modifications

Post by Ratical »

somewhere, may one called "my engine bay thread" i filled in the vent holes under the dash. i shaved half my top vents also..
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

The one thing you may consider is that where are you going to get fresh air intake for the AC system. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

02HD9294

Post by 02HD9294 »

Vintage Air systems only recirculate the air in the cabin and do not take in fresh air. Their kit even comes with a cap for the passenger side intake tube.
I have considered reinstalling the lower box on the driver's side for lower fresh air intake but thought that if I wanted unconditioned fresh air flow in the cabin, I would just turn the vent windows sharply towards me like I used to do in the old days.
62 Comet Restomod...who knows how it will turn out?

Bad Brad

Post by Bad Brad »

If you are going through the trouble of fixing it, why not just put new hats in and have the fresh air vents there if you want it?
We all pay the price for having something unique!

5650duane

Post by 5650duane »

I have just parted out a 65 2 door hardtop with a good cowl assembly. No rot that I could see. Im in the St. Cloud area so we are not that far apart. I have not removed it from the car yet so come a take a look. If needed you could take the front clip(what is left)
Thanks,Duane
1965 comet caliente 2dr. ht. 289
1965 comet caliente 4dr. 289
1965 comet wagon 404 289