64 windows

Discussions about general body work and modifications
Al289A

64 windows

Post by Al289A »

I bought my 64 Caliente from a guy that installed new weather stripping and rollers in the side windows. Problem is that the windows work terrible. It is hard to roll them down and I have to grab the glass and pull it to roll them up. What might be the problem? I do need to adjust the windows to make the reveals on the edges correct. I have even tried putting some white grease in the roller tracks but did not help. Do I need to look at the weather strip as the culprit? Any ideas?
I also need to track down a leak around the windshield area. The guy cut out and put in a new cowl and installed a new windshield. Now when the car sits outside and it rains I get water on the front floorboards. Is there an area in these cars that is prone to leaking? I can't see where the water is coming from, but I have not given it the garden hose test yet.
Al

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: 64 windows

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

The window issue could be the seal installation or maybe the rollers are shot[new one are available],or both.The leak could be the seals for the fresh air intakes,one for the heater and one on the drivers side,or maybe the cowl did not get totally welded solid. JMO , ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals