Hello From Michigan

Let everyone know a little about yourself
gearjammer

Hello From Michigan

Post by gearjammer »

Hello my name is Gearjammer and I'm the proud owner of a 1967 Mercure Comet Caliente, equipped with. 390 FE, C6 trans, 9" rear end. The previous owner moved the OEM rear frame rails inboard installed 6 leaf leaf springs. Front coil springs are way to stiff. I have a lot of work to do. Rear tire is a 33x18.5x15, way to big. It moves around way to much for me so I'll be making it more solid suspension wise. Paint is a good 10' er lol, will need paint some day! The previous owner also installed Cyclone fenders, dashboard and name plates. Not a bad looking car!!

Well my images are to large to load. I'll work on that and get back

Last edited by gearjammer on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jims65cyclone

Re: Hello From Michigan

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I don't know whether to say welcome aboard or welcome back since I see you joined in 2013, but this is your first post, so I'll just say WELCOME! :? :D Sounds like you've got a real beast. Should be fun to break it in to your liking. Have you tried using the photo posting thread on how to post pics? That's what most of use, and it works well.

http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... f=1&t=2448

Jim

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Welcome, I really want to see a pic with those 33s! That was where I was going but wanted to street drive it too much so went with N 50s,,, ya that was a few years ago! :P
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

gearjammer

Post by gearjammer »

Jims65cyclone wrote:I don't know whether to say welcome aboard or welcome back since I see you joined in 2013, but this is your first post, so I'll just say WELCOME! :? :D Sounds like you've got a real beast. Should be fun to break it in to your liking. Have you tried using the photo posting thread on how to post pics? That's what most of use, and it works well.

http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... f=1&t=2448

Jim
Thank you for the assistance. Yes I've been a member a while, I've alway like the fairlane/Comets but I've raced Nova built a 32 Ford Roadater with a 390 then a 2000 Z51 Corvette. Now I finally have one of my faviorates.

Thanks again

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D nice ride! I could live with those tires. :lol: A hair smaller would be good too.but I like em big! just like,,uh ,,,,,paychecks! the bigger the better!!Nice color too!! nice every thing under the hood,it's all good. :D
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Wow! I like your Comet, my only critique on the rear tires is maybe they are bit tall for my taste. Steamroller rear tires were really the thing a few years ago but seems that has faded in recent years.

Be glad to see what you end up doing with the Comet, it looks like something good to make into what you want hopefully.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

gearjammer

Post by gearjammer »

poboyjo65 wrote:Welcome on! :D nice ride! I could live with those tires. :lol: A hair smaller would be good too.but I like em big! just like,,uh ,,,,,paychecks! the bigger the better!!Nice color too!! nice every thing under the hood,it's all good. :D
Thanks, my plans are for a smaller tire and wheel 15x12 wheel 31x16 MT Sportsman S/R

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELCOME BACK,I like everything about it....looks good .those steam rollers are something !!! people are taking back a step or two when they pull up behind you and 2 55 gal drums are stareing back at them....you did good !!!! POP
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

That sounds perfect! I want 29x 15.50s on mine but I think that is the biggest I can get to fit. your car is a tad bigger so the 31x16 would be right at home
what are those wheels 15 wide?
Johno

gearjammer

Post by gearjammer »

poboyjo65 wrote:That sounds perfect! I want 29x 15.50s on mine but I think that is the biggest I can get to fit. your car is a tad bigger so the 31x16 would be right at home
what are those wheels 15 wide?
Yes my current wheels are 15x15, Hugh by wide LOL

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

gearjammer wrote:Thanks, my plans are for a smaller tire and wheel 15x12 wheel 31x16 MT Sportsman S/R
I like the MT Sportsman tires and had considered getting them but decided I wanted a 16" wheel for the rear.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Your paint color looks exactly like the color I painted my first 65 Cyclone. It was a 68 Mopar color called Electric Blue. Do you know what your color is?
Jim

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

MORE HP, ELECTRIC CUTOUTS,,, DONE!!
Imo,,,, lol
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Sharp car!! I like the big tires :)

Lou

albert

Post by albert »

Very koooool!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust