Hello from Arkansas!!!

Let everyone know a little about yourself
sdmash

Hello from Arkansas!!!

Post by sdmash »

My first car was a 1964 Mercury Comet, 4 door, baby blue (I have since learned that it was called Glacier Blue). The interior had been redone, and it was a really nice old car. I drove it for a year then got a modern car. Long story short, my Dad sold the Comet (because I wasn't interested in it anymore). Boy, I wish I had kept that old car. Here I am 20 some odd years later, really wanting my original car back. I stumbled on a 4 door for sale in my area, and bought the old car. It needs ALOT of work. I am excited about bringing this "new" one back to life. But, of course, my heart still belongs to my first car. I have the VIN of the original, and just a very few pictures from way back in the day. Joined the forum to hopefully make things a little easier during the process of rescuing the old car. And, maybe I can help someone else along the way as well.

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Arkansas!!!

Post by lavron »

Welcome Sdmash, great to have another '64 guy, looking forward to what you do and pictures.

My '64 was my first car and I have kept ahold of it, someday soon, I hope, I will have her back on the road.

I think you will find lots of help here, we all want to see the old Comets stay on the road for a long time.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on !!!! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

welcome to ark,,,,OL POP IS FROM THE JACKSONVILLE AREA,,just what part do you live ??....POP
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

He ain't tellin. He has Cragar's. :D :lol:
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

albert

Post by albert »

You need to go visit POPs and see his hose hanger, it will be worth the trip, he will also provide some seriously good advice on getting your 64 back into shape. Welcome to our Forum where there is a lot of Comet knowledge and yes..........a few laughs :D
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YOU GUYS are to much :lol: for some odd reason,i think he been on here before........... :shock: if he has cragers if and when he ever shows up..or I go and find him,,,,I AIN'T LOOKIN AT THEM,least wise not directly,,,i'll squient my eyes
pop/glenda

albert

Post by albert »

popscomet wrote:YOU GUYS are to much :lol: for some odd reason,i think he been on here before........... :shock: if he has cragers if and when he ever shows up..or I go and find him,,,,I AIN'T LOOKIN AT THEM,least wise not directly,,,i'll squient my eyes
Yes, we are certainly a Motley Crew...............but we do have a few laughs now and then. :D
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! I understand the seller's remorse. I sold my first 65 Cyclone when I was 20 years old, and kicked myself for 41 more before getting the one I now own. :roll: The knowledge on this forum is phenomenal, and it's free for the asking.
Jim