Let everyone know a little about yourself
'65 Cali

Post by '65 Cali »

Just joined from Bozeman, Montana. Bought my '65 Caliente out of a car club friend's shed about 3 years ago and will be ready to show it this season. I've been driving it some for the last two seasons but it now has a new coat of Caspian blue paint that's highlighted by all the carefully polished trim. 289 auto with Edlebrook carb, 302 heads and later Mustang intake plus a bullet hole through the passenger floor. This is my second restoration following a father/son Mustang project that he now enjoys.

Santa's Comet

Re: New Member

Post by Santa's Comet »

Welcome! We all like to do special things to our Comets but a bullet hole?
NP Dave

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea you better straighten that out with ole Santa about the bullet hole, you might get on the wrong list . Welcome on!! :D really would love to see your car. this picture host is pretty good, just watch that first page & dont click on any big green buttons or any ads. after you get signed up it ain't too bad. otherwise here is PB how to.
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... f=1&t=2448
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! Yeah, we need the back-story on the bullet hole. :?
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I spent all day gettin a heater core out of a 74 ford truck, it had 4 bullet holes in it,but only because I ran out :evil:
Johno

Groover

Post by Groover »

poboyjo65 wrote:I spent all day gettin a heater core out of a 74 ford truck, it had 4 bullet holes in it,but only because I ran out :evil:
Let's take another caller, "Hello, you're on Comet Talk, what's your question?"
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:I spent all day gettin a heater core out of a 74 ford truck, it had 4 bullet holes in it,but only because I ran out :evil:
I ain't never shot one....BUT have taken a jack handle and beat the crap out of a few fenders....was replaceing the frt u-joint in a closed draft shaft on a old 51 chevy and the jack slipped on the torqe tube and took all the skin off some knuckles,,I beat every head light and tail light out and parking light ,,,then had to go to a wrecking yard and buy more...sometimes when your young,,those tempers fly
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:
I ain't never shot one....BUT have taken a jack handle and beat the crap out of a few fenders....was replaceing the frt u-joint in a closed draft shaft on a old 51 chevy and the jack slipped on the torqe tube and took all the skin off some knuckles,,I beat every head light and tail light out and parking light ,,,then had to go to a wrecking yard and buy more...sometimes when your young,,those tempers fly
WELCOME,NEW MEMBER !! this is the place to be concerning a comet....pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I must admit, I would have put many many more holes in that old core. I was on my way to get my gun,,but was in a hurry so I borrowed my girlfriends pistol. That relieved enough pressure so I could finish the job. yea Pop I was young & tried everything the hard way first.moral of the story? I dont have one. :? but a 74 ford truck (w/ac) heater core does not come out from the engine side, even though that is where it is,& you can see it after you drill all the rivets out of the fan & it's cover cut the fan apart cause it & core was put on from under the dash. :roll: :roll: & that fan never did wear out but I was ready I had it screwed back on from engine side . I noticed some later year models the fan was like mine & put on from the engine side from the factory .dag nabbit, now I done got all worked up thinkin bout it & need to go pop some caps. :x
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

me and son have been down the same road with a 76,,,,pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:me and son have been down the same road with a 76,,,,pop
How much ammo did it cost you? :roll:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:
popscomet wrote:me and son have been down the same road with a 76,,,,pop
How much ammo did it cost you? :roll:
not a single bullet.....a happy to say,,,said a few cuss words ,but nothing the POPE would frown upon,,,,
pop/glenda

Loner

Post by Loner »

Good thing we have this forum and you tube now days.
Saves a lot of ammo and cussing!!!

Welcome to the forum 65 Cali

Matt

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Loner wrote:Good thing we have this forum and you tube now days.
Saves a lot of ammo and cussing!!!

Welcome to the forum 65 Cali

Matt
You right about the ammo, but the damn thing is still under the damn dash!! & it's damn good thing I cant remember the rest!! :evil:
Johno

comet guy

Post by comet guy »

Welcome aboard best of luck on your 65.You have come to the right group for information.

Robert