Getting back into a 65 Comet after 25 years

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Jimmyk514

Getting back into a 65 Comet after 25 years

Post by Jimmyk514 »

Greetings from the new Member from the Midwest. I have owned 4 1965 Comets in the Past 2 caliente's a convertible and a Cyclone. but that was all in the past,,, my new car is a 65 caliente 4spd She looked good but the deeper I go the worse it gets.....
Jimmyk514
1965 Comet
Evansville, IN

Rocket989

Re: Getting back into a 65 Comet after 25 years

Post by Rocket989 »

Welcome on & not uncommon to find bad-->worse when ya start peeling back the layers!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

albert

Post by albert »

Welcome, let's see a picture of that bad boy............
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on ! :D
Johno

Jimmyk514

Post by Jimmyk514 »

I will post a pic soon. I tried earlier and my pic file was too big. The car is now in the paint booth and the engine is at the machine shop. I'm desperately trying to fine brake lights with clear backup lights and a good pair of filler panels that go between the brake lights
Jimmyk514
1965 Comet
Evansville, IN

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jimmyk514 wrote:I will post a pic soon. I tried earlier and my pic file was too big. The car is now in the paint booth and the engine is at the machine shop. I'm desperately trying to fine brake lights with clear backup lights and a good pair of filler panels that go between the brake lights
Good things come to those who wait. I've been waiting 6 years on a decent pr of t light housings. they are expensive, & most have some thing wrong with the chrome or not good enough pics for me to gamble.when someone says they look good for fifty years old that scares me away! I know how old they are.or if they show the bottoms only ,,since they usually look good there but they never show the top . :roll: :roll: I have 2 sets driver quality so I dont want another pr of those, I guess I have a pr rechromed if I ever want nice ones. I did luck out on a set of panel trim after 3-4 years for a little over 200 had been stripped of the anodizing so I will have to repolish but they are holding up pretty good. you can get the clear lenses if you need them,- repops But good luck on the hunt! :D

You'll need a host to put pics up like photobucket
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... f=1&t=2448
I use one called postimage but watch what you click on,stay away from the green buttons or any ads if you use it.
Johno

Jimmyk514

Post by Jimmyk514 »

You have a beautiful car! I am looking for brake light housings because mine are cracked in two pieces and panel bonded together. I really don't care what the chrome looks like as long as they are solid. As far as the filler panels are concerned I am debating having the filler panels machined from scratch at a local machine shop. Mine are so bad I don't want to put them back on the car.
Jimmyk514
1965 Comet
Evansville, IN

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thank you ! :D I have some!!! let me check out what I have. I may know where better ones are. Some go around 200 or more .But if chrome doesn't matter I can sell you a set of mine pretty cheap. shoot me a PM.
Johno

Jimmyk514

Post by Jimmyk514 »

I am also looking for a rear bumper if anyone knows where one is, I don't care about the chrome condition I just need it to be straight. It appears that they had a trailer hitch on my bumper and towed with it. I would love to have a conversation with some of this cars previous owners.
Jimmyk514
1965 Comet
Evansville, IN

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! Counting this one, I've owned two 65 Cyclones, but they were 44 years apart. I found my current one a couple of years ago, and like yours, it's showing the onion analogy....the more you peel, the more you find. :roll: Show us some pics. We love 'em.
Jim

Jimmyk514

Post by Jimmyk514 »

Well,,,, while waiting for my Caliente to get painted I just bought a 65 cyclone and yes I will get this picture thing to work
Jimmyk514
1965 Comet
Evansville, IN

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

So now you own a 65 Caliente and a 65 Cyclone :?: :!: :?: DANG :!: :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jim