New project

Let everyone know a little about yourself
lavron
Site Admin

Re: New project

Post by lavron »

I am seriously considering locking this thread, I think really enough has been said about it, we are here because of Comets and that is it, and I think we are all adults.

I truthfully don't think anyone here means to offend anyone and I think you are all stand up people, we all understand this is a FoMoCo focused site and that is what is the most beneficial to the community as a whole.

I just suggest we ratchet it down a bit and get back to why we are here, we may not like a Comet with some other kind of drivetrain or what not and I think it has been made clear what the general attitude here is, I made it clear from the get go to the OP that there would be hostility and he understood that and agree not to mention his drivetrain, he made a choice, I think suggesting alternatives is fine but lets be nice, and if not you are free to not contribute to a particular discussion I do that all time.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Heck I could end up being hated by both worlds as mine is half falcon and half comet. But I don't care, it is what I made it to be and it is what it is. But it's still all ford. It's the best of both worlds to me anyway. It's a persons right to install his own choice in engines or anything else since he's doing the work and it's his money. But i think if I were to install something other than a ford engine i would just keep that to myself and ask questions on the others parts of the car. I would not list the 'other' brand engine in my signature comments. Or I would list it as a ford engine and let it go at that. And never post pics of the engine so most would never know. The idea is to not make waves over it. On another site you can't even mention the use of any engine other than a ford product. Your posts get dropped along with a warning.
Ron

afx1964

Post by afx1964 »

Many thanks to those who with their comments helped me make my point.

comethead

Post by comethead »

Let's hope the OP can make his comet nice and when he sells it the buyer will probably pull the chevy motor out and toss into the nearest lake. :lol:

BUT- let'em keep putting 9" rears in Camaros and chevelles :lol: :lol:

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Goader190

Post by Goader190 »

Thanks guy for all the comments I am only here to share and compare my ideas and directions about my merc part of the build which by the way is alot. I have started the tare down and i see why you guys love these cars so much very simple car to work which means lots of different ways to go with. Soon i will have some stuff that I wont need and will let everyone know the car has a trunk full of extra chrome trim pieces not sure of so i post at some point

Thanks
65 Comet Caliente plans for heavy mods