64 Convertible Owner in NorCal

Let everyone know a little about yourself
mike54

64 Convertible Owner in NorCal

Post by mike54 »

Not as nice as this one. http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... &t=14815vv Ha!

I'll post some pics when I have them. I always forget to post the new/guy stuff when I register. This time I thought I do it right away.
I've had the car for at least 15 years. One of those 'projects' you always plan on getting to someday. I guess someday is here. When I first got the car the plan was to do a nice but not over-the-top restoration. Now I see that parts support is kind of dwindling down for these cars. So maybe just a descent driver is the goal. Luckily it's a solid car. No rust issues to deal with and everything is straight. Unluckily someone has done some questionable work on the car. You folks know what I mean. Wood screws to hold the dash and door panels on, wire nuts to splice wires. When I first got the car it had some Cadillac seats in it. I ditched those and got some 65 mustang buckets to put in. It came with a bench but I like the buckets and mustang seats are easy to find.
Current project is getting the brakes going. Like pulling a string on a sweater that hasn't been as simple as it would seem. I needed to pull the pedal hanger to repair 2 of the captured nuts on it. While we're there I may as well replace the plastic bushings.
Next up I'd like to put in a new wiring harness. 50 year old wires and the questionable repairs made over that time makes it seem like a good idea.

I also have a 65 Ford F250 that runs and drives but could someday use some TLC.
Then there's the Motorcycle projects. Mostly track bikes. Someday in my spare time I'd like to race AHRMA, but time is slipping away for that. I also fool around with BMW airheads.

Anyway I'm hoping to get some inspiration, information, and maybe a little help from the forum.

Mike

poboyjo65

Re: 64 Convertible Owner in NorCal

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on Mike! :D
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Re: 64 Convertible Owner in NorCal

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! We'll be happy to help any way we can.
Jim