Rookie

Let everyone know a little about yourself
cuzimdifferent111

Rookie

Post by cuzimdifferent111 »

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and really don't have a lot of experience with building cars. On a scale of 1 being worst and 10 being master mechanic, i would say I'm about a 5. I really love the Mercury Comets and want to own 1 in the near future. At the moment the best thing I can do at this point is gather information about this great car. . . Thanks

popscomet

Re: Rookie

Post by popscomet »

WELL WELCOME !! alittle researce never hurt anything.....you come to the best place ,,but what I would do is just start reading different threads on here ,,as there is a wealth of information here for free as all questions are answered free of charge,,,and so are the opions,,,,good bad or in difference... :lol: grab a chair and a cool drink and go for it...thank you and happy reading :lol: :D .....POP
pop/glenda

cuzimdifferent111

Thank you pop, like you said it IS Full of very good information. Again thank you.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

cuzimdifferent111 wrote:Thank you pop, like you said it IS Full of very good information. Again thank you.
YOUR VERY WELCOME ,and we are so glad to help you :) :wink:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on!! :D
Johno

mercbill

Post by mercbill »

I'm new to the forum and looking for a car too. Welcome.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! Which year/model are you interested in? Like Pop said, reading through the forum is the best education you can get. Search for a build thread for the year you're interested in and start reading. Many of the threads start with a rust bucket and transform it into a nice vehicle. Johnno, what's that add-in he can download to see the photobucket pics that are held hostage?
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

here is an add-on for mozila firefox,will make those photobucket pics visible;
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... edded-fix/
& one for chrome;
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... dkpmcpkaon
Johno

cuzimdifferent111

Was looking for a 1965 Caliente 2 door hardtop, all the comets look great though.

Maxine and Me

Post by Maxine and Me »

Welcome aboard! I'm pretty new to the forum myself, but I can already tell you that this place has a great volume of useful information regarding Mercury Comets. Don't be afraid to ask around if you've got any questions, as folks here are quite friendly and eager to help any and all Comet enthusiasts. You can even search for specific keywords in the forum threads, too! You'll definitely want those add-ons that poboyjo65 mentioned earlier, especially when browsing some of the older threads. Good for photo-referencing.

Love the username, by the way. How long have you been into classic cars, Comet or non-Comet?

Austin