new guy

Let everyone know a little about yourself
dennis3631

new guy

Post by dennis3631 »

Hello every one Dennis here
,looking to stay in the loop now that the time in life to get at restorations is getting nearer. I have A 66 fairlane xl convertible that I tool around in in the summer,nothing nice but a survivor, every piece of int and exterior trim is there and it is one color. A neighbor a few miles away seeing it about four years ago stopped by and showed me pics of a car he dismantled in his garage in 1982 and never got back to. Long and the short of it 6 month later he offered me the deal for 3000.00 and with enough early bronco parts to restore 1/2 of my bronco too ,appears he just wanted to move on to different things, I initially turned him down thinking the Fairlane and my Bronco would be all I would ever need to redo . but had second thoughts and went back to him and purchased it,,an original 1967 Cyclone convertible GT S code car,,,tranny and console missing ,fiberglass hood replaced with a normal steel one( I assume unless there was a delete avail for scooped hood ), and he gave me the original 390 and a spare for rebuild help.The Bronco parts were an entire interior including seats,column,dash ,wire harness,tailgate and hood. Now I can look back and look at the deal it is,,wow scorred.
Yeah it needs floor pans and the cost of chroming and restoring everything I will likely have more than value in it but as the kids are now almost grown I got time.I have already been able to pick up 3 fiberglass hoods in various conditions and part of a console. Now to make everyone mad(sorry) I originally thought the cyclone was like the ugly sister to the xl fairlane,but it has been growing on me ,maybe powder coat the grill black and go with grabber green and might look pretty cool. I will stay more active and hope to se others stories also ,by chance I picked up a nos red prime fender from a craglist ad localy but it appears to be from a caliente as it has holes in it for that chrome wing so will probably resell it someday. Thank you I will keep in touch.

poboyjo65

Re: new guy

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on Dennis! :D
Johno

Groover

Post by Groover »

Welcome aboard. Not a lot of 67's on here. Looking forward to your build.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Dennis! :D
Jim