New member, interior advice requested, sale pending!!

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Laredo

New member, interior advice requested, sale pending!!

Post by Laredo »

Hello all, have been looking for a 2dr '63 Falcon or Comet project for a couple years. By "project" I mean mechanical, NOT body or rust. In "salt country" Minnesota, that's been a challenge. I am a nuts 'n bolts 'n electrical kinda guy (former automotive field engineer) but I don't do body work. Tried it once, not ashamed to admit I completely blew it, I'll leave that to the more talented/experienced paint 'n body folks. I have now taken my search nation-wide.

On that note, I have a good deal (I think) brewing on a super clean rust free '63 Comet, but...the interior is trashed (mice, sun damage, vandalism, etc). Will need seats, door panels, headliner. Dash looks good. Front seat is bench w/flip backs.

Pretty sure the seats are beyond repair. How hard (or impossible) will it be to find replacement seats? How about door panels?

SASSY

Re: New member, interior advice requested, sale pending!!

Post by SASSY »

Welcome!
Finding a rust free anything from the 60s is tough, the rest of it is easy.
Just about any bucket will go in the car, getting it mounted is the challenge.
Fabbing would be required.
If you don't need to be stock there are no limits on interiors. I don't do stock so not sure about 63 stuff.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on ! best way to know your getting one rust free is to get one that has already been fixed. a member on here has had his for sale off & on for a while, a 63 2 dr hardtop. I dont know if he would still sell it, but he has toyed with the idea a couple different times but here you can you his build thread & ask him.

this is the last page of it, but you can thumb thru it & see what all he has done to it.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4766&start=375
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D
Laredo wrote:the interior is trashed (mice, sun damage, vandalism, etc). Will need seats, door panels, headliner. Dash looks good. Front seat is bench w/flip backs.

Pretty sure the seats are beyond repair. How hard (or impossible) will it be to find replacement seats? How about door panels?
Are you saying the seat frames are beyond repair? If it's just the covers and foam that are shot, this guy has a good supply of all the interior parts you should need. Some on the forum have used him and spoken highly of his quality. It's a little pricey, but it's OEM stuff, if that's what you're after.
https://www.falconcometinteriors.com/default.aspx
Click on "pricing" at the top of the page. The pricing tab in the body of the page is a bad link.
Jim