Let everyone know a little about yourself
Billy64

Post by Billy64 »

Hello
From Casa Grande AZ , I Have a 64 Mercury Comet Caliente 2 Door Hard Top , has a 289 HIPO Engine With C4 Automatic , Orginally had a 260 But Blow a Head Gasket , It is Long Story of Want Went Wrong, Went to Wrecking Yard Had A Stack of Motors Said he Wanted 50 Dollars for Motor Was looking at one Looked Like a 289 So i Bought it, Got Home Started Looking it Pulled Valve Covers , Suddenly Realized it was 289 HIPO , What Year i Don't Know . Car Needs to Be Rebuilt , Needs Upholstered & Painted , Chrome Redone , Does Any body Know of Shops That Does Good Rechrome For Plastic & Alumimun , I Have Been Buying Parts for it When i Get the Money. I Think i Have Everything To Get Started on it .
I Also Own a 52 Ford F2 3/4 Ton Pickup Needs Complete Rebuild
Thanks

SASSY

Re: New Member

Post by SASSY »

Welcome! looking forward to following your build. Have you decided on colours, fabric, paint finish etc?
Plastic rechrome expencive and is always a hot topic don't have the link handy but it will come.
Don't worry if your thread goes a little off subject at times, we are pretty laid back here kinda like a garage party.
I spent some time in ElCentro Ca. last winter and met a few car guys, this 63 Falcon I seen was MINT stock and I asked about the chrome work and the new finish on the aluminum bright work. He said most everyone around there went 15 miles south if they wanted great work cheap.
Pic posting isn't simple but we all hope you pick it up and show off your build
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

^^ Yea what Fred said ^^Welcome on Billy! Sounds like you bleed blue too. We love stories & pics ! :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

welcome,,like already been told,,plenty of good honest free help...FRED was correct on saying this forum is really laid back,we'll help you pick out the style of your next pair of work boots if you need help,,,you post it---we'll talk about it .,POP
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! And, what everyone else said......... :lol:
Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Ditto...Ditto...Ditto...etc. :roll: :P

Welcome on.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Billy64

Post by Billy64 »

I'am Going to Stick with Original Colors Light Blue Paint & White Upholstery With Dark Blue Dash & Carpet

Billy64

Post by Billy64 »

Billy Brown
I was Saying I Didn't Know What Year the 289 HIPO Was But Heads Started with C7 Code which I Believe was 1967 , I Don't Know What Car it was Out Of , Had a M in the Code.
Thanks