New Member Parkersmood2

Let everyone know a little about yourself
parkersmood2

New Member Parkersmood2

Post by parkersmood2 »

Hello to the Forum.... I am new here, "Parkersmood2". I am an E Mopar guy.... Sold my Cuda 20 years ago and i have been missing old cars. I always had a soft spot for these old Comets and I found one on Craigslist.
It was purchased new by a lady in 1962 from Bickford Motors in Snohomish WA. The car has been garage kept it's whole life. She drove it into her 80s until her daughter took it away. She sold it to the guy that I purchased it from.
He rebuilt the 170 Six and then it sat in his garage for 10 years.... He is moving and it had to go. My timing was perfect. The car was advertised as running well but I found that when it heated up it ran rough. On the next trip to look at it it died when I was driving it. I tried to help him look into many simple things to get it running but every time it heated up it died. Long story short I could only do so much there driving 40 miles away so he said he would take it to a mechanic.
He got tired of trying pretty quickly and offered it to me "as is" for $4000. I had her flat bedded on home and so far I found 2 bent pushrods. Probably 2 valves stuck from sitting so long and cranking it after 10 years bent the push rods.
I am rebuilding the carb now. I read and learned all about the "Loadomatic" distributor and this special 1 barrel Holey. Kind of weird old crappy technology to be stuck with! Anyway, I will most surely be reading through these pages looking for information
and I am SURE it's all here. Thanks in advance, Parkersmood
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (202.24 KiB) Viewed 2212 times

lavron
Site Admin

Re: New Member Parkersmood2

Post by lavron »

Welcome to the Forum, nice Comet for sure and lots of information here and help if you need it.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on!! :D
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! Plenty of guys here willing to help with advice, free for the asking. :D

Jim

Groover

Post by Groover »

What a great find. You're in the right place now. Welcome aboard.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

62Cometman

Post by 62Cometman »

Happy to see another 62 on the Forum and being kept on the road. If you want to keep the six in it head on over to Fordsix.com they have all the info you could need plus some.
62 Comet 170, dagneham trans, 2.8 7.25 rear 260 T5 8 inch swap planned for the future.

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Welcome aboard ask away somebody will give you an answer right or wrong hope to see you at the GATHERING. J L