64 Caliente Rat Rod

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Kaoscomet

64 Caliente Rat Rod

Post by Kaoscomet »

Hey everyone. I have a 64 Caliente, that I'm going to Rat Rod for now. Seeing as its one of the few cars that still looks good a little ruff. I've owned two 66 mustang coupes, 67 convertible, 57 Custom 500, 65 Falcon, and several 70's 80's mustangs. Was going to sell my Comet, but after cleaning it up, I was like... nope, still my favorite. Even though I had people offering more than my asking price. Figured I'd rat rod it for now. Already bought nice replacement motor about 350 horse. The 80's restoration that I hated is now perfect. Diamond tufted red velvet seats, nicely faded. Plan to put a lightning shifter in. Add some gold fleck decals on the side that say "Kaos Comet". Named after my dog of 17 years. Already pulled old motor and cleaned up engine compartment. Rat Rod has to have nice engine compartment. Had nice American Racing rims but rears are to big. Wondering what size I can get away with. Fronts are 15 skinnies. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

lavron
Site Admin

Re: 64 Caliente Rat Rod

Post by lavron »

Need pictures :P There are some pretty lengthy discussions on wheel and tire size, you might try and do a search, I was supposed to sticky it but can't remember if I did :roll:
Kaoscomet wrote:Was going to sell my Comet, but after cleaning it up, I was like... nope, still my favorite
I think most here can relate :P Love my Comet even if she doesn't have paint yet and a little "patina"

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D you could minitub it & keep the big rears. crites has a leaf spring kit to move them in. & you could move the tub over to the frame rail. it's quite a bit of work but the look is worth it to some of us.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

what you want to do with your 64 comet sounds great...just a ratty ole comet in need of paint with fat rear tires and a good sound coming from it..take the time to go the 64-65 section and scroll down to 64 comet by FRDPWR,AND GO thru that thread,you might get some good ideas..you might see where we could have done better !! good luck and we'd like to know where what you come up with concerning anything we could have changed,,,you won't hurt anyone's feelings,,,a person never gets to old or builds to many hot rods to learn a better way...thank you and good luck on your rat rod build and I think there might be more pic's of OL RUSTY in showing off section under PIC"s of popscomet ain;t sure,,,pop…..( I love the fact your using a 64,,to me they are the one to build..Just pop's personal opinion,so no one get your pantis in a wadd) :lol: :shock: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:what you want to do with your 64 comet sounds great...just a ratty ole comet in need of paint with fat rear tires and a good sound coming from it..take the time to go the 64-65 section and scroll down to 64 comet by FRDPWR,AND GO thru that thread,you might get some good ideas..you might see where we could have done better !! good luck and we'd like to know where what you come up with concerning anything we could have changed,,,you won't hurt anyone's feelings,,,a person never gets to old or builds to many hot rods to learn a better way...thank you and good luck on your rat rod build and I think there might be more pic's of OL RUSTY in showing off section under PIC"s of popscomet ain;t sure,,,pop…..( I love the fact your using a 64,,to me they are the one to build..Just pop's personal opinion,so no one get your pantis in a wadd) :lol: :shock: :lol: pop
here is a shortcut to click on;
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14924
''pics of pops comet''
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2551
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

WELCOME!!
popscomet wrote:what you want to do with your 64 comet sounds great.....( I love the fact your using a 64,,to me they are the one to build..Just pop's personal opinion,so no one get your pantis in a wadd) :lol: :shock: :lol: pop
He's a bias Ol bugger, Eh? :lol:
But, he is right!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

SASSY wrote:WELCOME!!
popscomet wrote:what you want to do with your 64 comet sounds great.....( I love the fact your using a 64,,to me they are the one to build..Just pop's personal opinion,so no one get your pantis in a wadd) :lol: :shock: :lol: pop
He's a bias Ol bugger, Eh? :lol:
But, he is right!
Fred
:lol: :lol: very much so,I reckon !! thank,fred
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks JOHN,,neat short cut.....you've come along ways on this 'puter since we shook hands at exit 126 several yrs ago :wink:
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D Pics is what we need. Start you a build thread in the 64-65 section and let us follow your progress.

Jim