New from Northern BC 63 S22 convert 260

Let everyone know a little about yourself
rhead63s22

New from Northern BC 63 S22 convert 260

Post by rhead63s22 »

Northern BC 63 Canadian Convert Comet S22.

Just bought car.

Will need a restoration, but pretty solid (I think....). Still have to get it up on a lift, but am happy with solid floors. Rockers and Quarters need rust repair (anyone doing repops?). Needs wheels. Interior looks Falcon - wonder if that is because is Cdn car.. or was interior redone years ago... not sure.

Would be nice to know how to decode data tag on door and body tag under hood.

Gold on Gold with white top.

Need a S22 fender plastic insert, but rest of S22 trim seems there.

Anyone making skirts for these cars?

I do have a NOS unity spotlight and restored radio that I just happened to have lying around before buying car (from previously owning a 63 Falcon and a 60 Frontenac)...have some knowledge, but a Comet is not a Falcon, so....

Rob

lavron
Site Admin

Re: New from Northern BC 63 S22 convert 260

Post by lavron »

rhead63s22 wrote:Would be nice to know how to decode data tag on door and body tag under hood.
Not sure on decoding a Canadian code but someone will come along with the info.
rhead63s22 wrote:Anyone making skirts for these cars?
Foxcraft (I think is right name) used to still make skirts for them.

Sounds like a nice Comet post picts when you can.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Welcome from southern BC!
Yep, gonna need pics
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D I have a driver side complete rocker from a 65 hardtop.not sure if it is the same at the wheel well but the rest should be just alike.shipping would be crazy. a vert has an added inner rocker that is available I think.
Johno

My63S22

Post by My63S22 »

Welcome aboard! Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoenix, Arizona has a 63S22 convertible in their yard. They would be a good source for quarters and rockers. Most cars out there are rust free. You can reach them online at dvap.com or their phone number is (623) 780-8024. They ship worldwide. Michael

rhead63s22

Post by rhead63s22 »

Will post pics after I get car moved - still sits on property bought from (I am in the middle of a household move, so holding off until that is done end of month).

Desert Valley - wow, what a resource!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELCOME, good luck on finding stuff your gonna need ///////////pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D bmmaurer is the forum member you need to talk to about your 63 S-22 vert. He has a beauty. Try PMing him.
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/membe ... file&u=832

Jim

rhead63s22

Update Re: New from Northern BC 63 S22 convert 260

Post by rhead63s22 »

Well, I have to figure out how to modify pics to upload, but since the car was bought it has been a busy summer. Finally had the car delivered early august, and started the tear-down. The car is about stripped. The engine ready to pull, trim off, interior out, top off, grill and lights off, etc etc. Everything bagged and tagged.

The 260 V8 engine, it appears, was replaced at some point with a rebuild that I have a receipt which says "replace with same". The head has a C5OE code, and the carb is an Autolite 2100 C20F N 2 barrel - No idea on the block casting # yet... so dunno what it is exactly.

No matter, the engine will likely become an anchor, and a crate motor get used...302 SB I suppose.

The car will be resto-modded. Look stock[ish] but drive like a new car. I would like to use 15x8" wheels for cheater slicks in back (Narrowed 9" Ford rear if necessary) an 13x4.5 stock wheels in front with skinnies on them. Issue is that I would like to install a Mustang II IFS kit, but seems that I cannot use the 13" wheels. Suggestions?

I plan on doing some mods to the bumpers - narrowing them 1 5/8" per side, filling in turn signal holes (plan on using fog lights in grill as turning lights) and shaving bumper bolts. Toying with idea of using 59 Caddy taillights....not the fins, just the lights.

Rust is a bit worse than first thought, but less than my last Falcon....1/4s, rockers, and inner rockers are rusty. Also rust on top of splash aprons. The oil pan looks like it took a hard hit at some point, so I suspect it heaved and creased the splash aprons, hence they rusted...floors, trunk are solid.

As soon as I get the engine out, I will start to build a body cart. With that done, I will remove rest of front and rear suspension bits.

I have found date stamps of 10.31.62 on the car, so this one looks like a Christine Comet -a Halloween Special.

Leaning towards Grey/Silver with white top and red interior. But that is a loong way off.

School starts in a week (I am a teacher), so am enjoying wrenching away before the students start keeping me busy.

R

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

what transmission do you have?? do you have a 5bolt or 6 bolt bell housing ??? your head number is 65
pop/glenda

rhead63s22

Post by rhead63s22 »

Well, front end stripped, fenders removed. No rust. Tiny bit of bondo front corner DS fender.

Splash aprons need replaced. Suggestions? Been looking at mustang repops from dynacorp.

Toe boards good.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Not exactly sure what signifies the splash apron? are you talking about the inner fenders? You should be able to find reproduction Falcon ones (maybe) I don't know if the Mustang will be exactly the same but it might be.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

rhead63s22

Post by rhead63s22 »

I have heard it said that 63 Falcon repop quarters will fit, with some cutting?