Comets are on the rise.

Let everyone know a little about yourself
rockhopper29

Comets are on the rise.

Post by rockhopper29 »

Hey folks, I have seen more muscle cars at our area car shows than any other year. Discounting the new cars (lots of late model Camaros and Stangs), but I think anyone who has a Comet gets extra attention. Not everyone wants a show car of course, I think most of us like the combination of local show quality car but performance driver type. In any case my local car club (about 120 members with a wide variety of cars) now has 3 comets. A 64 and two 65's. I have a 65 and many people speak about how much they like the early Comets and some are serious lookers. It's not science, but the interest has been growing. so I say lets keep it growing and be on the lookout for good project cars and if found, let us know here.
g

65 Caliente- 460 BB (beefed), C6, (beefed), 9 inch (373), suspension upgrades (subframe, bars, coilovers, etc.)

poboyjo65

Re: Comets are on the rise.

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D Went to a cruise-in in Ridge Spring, about an hour away, today. You could have walked across the town square on the hoods of Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaros and 55-57 Chevys without touching the ground, but not a Comet, Falcon or Fairlane to be had. :cry:

Jim

rockhopper29

Post by rockhopper29 »

Hey thanks folks. Mercury on in my dna, We must keep the image alive. After I was drafted the first new car I bought was a 66 Comet Cyclone GT. 390, 4speed, no ac, no power steering, etc. I loved it, but a drunk totaled it while parked in front of my house. Through the years, have had several muscle cars, but after meeting Dyno Don, I was hooked on Comets. My darlling now is"Betsy". She is a 65 Caliente, rotisseree restoration. 460, 30over, upgraded internals, a built up C6, 9 inch 373 rear. It is a very popular in my area since I have smoked a lot of camaros, chevells, gto's and olds 442's. As you know there is a lot of meat in 460 motor, so after you remove the shock towers and a few other mods, you can build a great bad ass Comet. I expect this to be my last build. Keep up the winged guy up front!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Any tunnel work needed for that C6?
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Welcome Rock!
Yes, drivers are where its at as I think most will atest to here.
Pics , we gotta see pics!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WAS at a sonic gathering last night,,a man was impressed with my comet,he said he had a naked body 65 202 2dr comet,,said after looking at mine and cause you just don't see comets very often,,he was going to build this 65..so maybe that's another one saved ...then I told him about my 2nd 64 comet OL RUSTY,he asked for directions to my place to see it,,so maybe between me and seeing my comets he will rebuild his 65,,,,but talk is cheap....POP
pop/glenda