Mike from VA

Let everyone know a little about yourself
mikek2321

Mike from VA

Post by mikek2321 »

Hello everyone! I just bought my first Comet, a 1965 Cyclone that has been slightly customized and I am in love with it! The car was completed about ten years ago and well taken care of since that time so there's not much to do except a few little personal changes. I'm sure I'll be asking some questions as they come up. So far I have been lurking behind the scenes here reading tons of great posts on here educating myself prior to the purchase.

It has a Ford crate 302, C4, and a few subtle changes underneath suspension wise, frame connecters etc. Obviously some trim removal etc. but nothing that cannot be undone if you wanted to take it back to "stock".

As the title says, I am in VA near DC and am a car person through and through. Thanks!
Attachments
D.jpg
D.jpg (141.55 KiB) Viewed 941 times
A.jpg
A.jpg (104.55 KiB) Viewed 941 times
B.jpg
B.jpg (142.72 KiB) Viewed 941 times
C.jpg
C.jpg (143.34 KiB) Viewed 941 times

SASSY

Re: Mike from VA

Post by SASSY »

Welcome! Great colour and looks very tidy! Looking forward to your input.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Nice and bad! 😆 Welcome on!
Johno

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

Welcome Mike. Lived in Alexandria back in the early 70s when I got out of the Army from my first enlistment. Enjoy your ride it’s a nice one for sure.
Motor Safe,
Lee

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Very nice Cyclone, Mike 8)

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Mike! :D Beautiful car, and a nice garage, too. :mrgreen: Sounds like you're about 8 hrs from Pigeon Forge, but it's all expressway. Hope you and your new ride can make it to the gathering there next June.

Jim

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Very nice Cyclone, welcome glad you found us.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

mikek2321

Post by mikek2321 »

Thank you for the welcome and kind words everyone! I wish I could take credit for restoring that car but at least I get to enjoy it. I'm still looking for something else to wrench on since I finished my garage. Maybe another Comet!

I would love to make it to Pigeon Forge! I just put lap belts in the car this past weekend to add a tiny bit of safety but I'm not sure I'd want to drive it all the way down 66 and 81, the roads are crazy enough around here!

So far I need to get horns back in/operating and the previous owner suggested an auxiliary fan as he said the temp can climb when sitting in traffic which made him nervous. The trans (green dot C4) sometimes pops out of Park into Reverse/hard getting into park...I did a little research and will try the shifter rod bushing first. Other than that its good to go!

MY63COMET

Post by MY63COMET »

Welcome Mike. Great looking Cyclone there.
You’re way ahead of me. You have a V8 and only 2 doors. 😀
I too am new and have been getting a lot of help from the great folks on this site.
I’m also trying to get my horns working. I should have new once arriving this week. I will let you know how it goes.
I’m in the Asheville, NC area. Used to live in Raleigh for 20 years.
Have fun with your new toy.
-Doug-

Eddiecomet

Post by Eddiecomet »

Welcome Mike,

What a beautiful ride and I do agree about that garage! 👌🏽 Another Comet for a project sound good. Would love to follow the build. Comets are such great cars to build and in Hawaii, we can count one one hand the number of Comets there are.

God bless and aloha, Eddie