New memeber comes a board

Let everyone know a little about yourself
tractor girl

New memeber comes a board

Post by tractor girl »

My husband bought me a 63 Comet S22 (Arizona car) when we were dating in the early 80's I drove it for several years, my father restored the interior for me. We had our daughter and I parked the car for 18 years, we recently decided to put it back on the road.
The car now sits on a rotisery that my husband built. I've been busy cleaning the under carriage of old under coating and some surface rust. My husband is preparing to install a mustang II front end, we haven't decided on what motor to put in yet. I hope in a year or two to meet more comet owners at the car shows. I'll keep you informed of the progress and try to get some photos up.

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: New memeber comes a board

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Welcome, sounds like a cool project. With the Mustang II front suspension the sky is the limit on engine choices! Please keep us updated on progress of your project with pictures of your work. Also, where are you located?
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

tractor girl

Post by tractor girl »

i`m in south west pa. we decided to go with tci front susp. i could use some advice on the chrome . any help greatly aprec. my husband said he was leaning towards a 5.0 efi , but told me just keep scraping.

Unclescamino

Post by Unclescamino »

Nice where at in south west PA? I am in a town called Northern Cambria, near Johnstown. There is a chrome shop in Jennette PA, called Bills Rechroming I think. I have not had anything done but I have heard good things about it. Good luck and keep us updated on the progress

Bob
1961 Mercury Comet 2dr, 170 Merc-o-matic, white with red and white interior.
1979 Chevy El Camino SS, 350 4-speed 3.73posi
2000 VW Beetle TDI 52mpg work car.

tractor girl

Post by tractor girl »

I got tci kit . my hus said looks pretty good . he is a welder and is satisifed with the fabracation of the parts . he is going to canfield this fri. to look for [stuff] ? told me keep scraping
Bentleyville pa.

tractor girl

Post by tractor girl »

have to pull windshield , cowl rust . need help on trim removal tool, teekneek ,ect thankz