Aussie Comet

Let everyone know a little about yourself
kemdell

Aussie Comet

Post by kemdell »

G’day Guys

I am from Australia and have just bought a 1963 S-22 Mercury Comet Convertible with the V8 260 option, it is red with a red interior, bit shabby but has little rust. It’s apparently a Californian car and has 98k’s on the clock.

It should be a challenge getting the Old Girl back into shape, as I’ve never seen an early model Comet in the Flesh before, occasionally you see the bigger later Comets with the great big V8’s but the early ones are as rare as rocking horse poop.

We never got the Comet here in Oz and made our own version of the Falcon so finding parts will be fun, I am really glad to have found this forum so hopefully I can find out quite a bit about these lovely beasts!

I also own a 1966 XP Falcon and it shares a lot of the body parts with the Comet, I am pretty sure that after 63, Ford Australia bought the old comet dies and tooling off Mercury and if you look closely almost everything from the “C” pillar forward is Comet, with the exception being the Grill, which is the same shape but different layout.

If anyone’s interested I’ll post a picture, although I am guessing this a “falcon free” zone!

Catch you later

Mark

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: Aussie Comet

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Mark;WELCOME to the best Comet site on the internet.We would love to see photos of your new ride.There are a lot of helpful people on here. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Yes welcome!
Yes pics!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

kemdell

Post by kemdell »

Ok just put a few photos up, first couple are my Aussie falcon, the next few are of my new ride!

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/22573793

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Do you have to convert to right hand drive? You can really see the combination of Comet and Falcon,plus Aussie influence in your Falcon.The convertible is beautiful! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Hillbilly Comet Man

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

Very Nice S-22 Vert.
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning

kemdell

Post by kemdell »

If a LHD Vehicle is more than 30 years old it doesn't have to be modified - except for items of a safety nature if necessary (brakes, lights, turn signals etc) - in the Comets case there won't be any drama as it consistent with what was available here at the same time in history.

Just have to modify the driver, I've never driven a LHD car so it will be strange.