Canadian Comet Capri!

Let everyone know a little about yourself
todzilla

Canadian Comet Capri!

Post by todzilla »

Well, after essentially years of admiring from afar, Fairlanes and Comets (of the '67 and preferably '66 vintage) - I bit the Merc bullet and found a sweet '66 Comet Capri.

The basic 289/3 speed Merc-o-matic on the tree, but with an updated Edelbrock 4bbl carb and intake and dual exhaust conversion (with cherry bombs that need to be evacuated asap!) From what I know, the car has lived in a heated garage for its' entire life as there is NO rust anywhere and my mechanic was amazed at the integrity and solidity of the entire underbody and all metal! It hasn't always been a west coast car (from Vancouver Island, Canada) It spent the first 35 or so years on the Prairies (Plains, to y'all down south of the 49th!) Amazing it came away unscathed from the hideous winters and salted roads.....but I assume it was stored in winter? Maybe they galvanized it just like newer Porsches? LOL

My plans are to immediately - as of this Monday - lost those mags, get a am/fm direct fit replacement radio (that doesn't cut or alter the stock configuration am radio location) - change the glasspacks to some Flowmasters or Maganaflows, throw in some decent 6 X 9s in some boxes behind the front seats (no rear panel cutting for me!) and look into upgrading the sad, yellowish headlights! - if anything even exists? Does anyone else drive at night with all 4 headlights (high beams) on? I tried it - and now do it - as nobody seems to flash that they're on high!! lol Tells you how weak stock lighting is!!

Oh, and seeing as how it's been in a garage and driven less than 5000 miles in the past 5 years, a really good polish and wax! These pics won't do it justice when I'm done!! All we need up here is a dry (lol) winter day!!

Looking forward to being here....and loving the car!!

Here ya go!

todzilla

Re: Canadian Comet Capri!

Post by todzilla »

........a few more!

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

That is one clean looking Comet. Nice buy.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Beauty!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

WOW!! It looks like you found a beauty! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals