Howdy

Let everyone know a little about yourself
BettyRumble

Howdy

Post by BettyRumble »

Hi everyone. I currently live in East Tennessee, after spending most of my life in Jacksonville, FL. I've been into Comets for years. My first one was a '60. Wrecked it :( and got a '66 Galaxie that I ended up trading a few years back for my current Comet ('63). I also sell vintage clothing, accessories, and car parts.

Ratical

Re: Howdy

Post by Ratical »

that nice is it on air or do you drive it that low.
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

BettyRumble

Post by BettyRumble »

It's bagged. Sits on the drive shaft right now. When it gets painted, gonna plan on re-doing the tunnel so the back lays on the ground, or as close as possible.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Betty!! Love the style of your ride!
Welcome to the site !
Hope to see updates on your ride.
Do you have a link to your sales division (lol)?
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

BettyRumble

Post by BettyRumble »

Thanks Fred! Well, my husband just grinded down the sidewalls so I now have two-inch white walls and it looks great. He got a white walling machine a few months ago. Got to drive it today for the first time in over a year!! Next will hopefully be the body work. I have some stuff listed on my Myspace page myspace.com/bettyrumblevintage. Haven't updated it in awhile, but I'll be going through all my Comet stuff and will have some of it listed hopefully soon!

cometjennz

Post by cometjennz »

Betty i am completely jealous!!!! i have a 63 but shes a four door and still needs some work, but im gonna put the time into her, any suggestions on good places to find parts, or is ebay my best bet?

comethead

Post by comethead »

Nice ride Betty!
cometjennz wrote:Betty i am completely jealous!!!! i have a 63 but shes a four door and still needs some work, but im gonna put the time into her, any suggestions on good places to find parts, or is ebay my best bet?
Cometjennz,
I had a 63 hardtop for a while, chassis/suspension/engine parts should not be a problem at local auto parts stores. Interior stuff and trim/sheet metal are used only. So Ebay and Craigslist are good sources. Try this http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/sd.cgi?cat=pts type in your search criteria without a state preference and it will search Craigslist for the whole US. Saves time. Good luck.
Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed