New Comet Guy here from South Bend, Indiana

Let everyone know a little about yourself
chris

New Comet Guy here from South Bend, Indiana

Post by chris »

As the title says, a new Mercury Comet owner here from South Bend, Indiana. I currently have a 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente 4-Door car... In the restoration process right now(All glass is out, torn down, etc). Just put a fresh coat of primer on as the body work is finally done... Just the left side so far as I ran out of primer tonight.

Anyways, look forward to checking to see what this site has to offer! I helped create Michiganmustang.com, and am still a member of that forum as well...

Thanks!
Chris...

p.s. - After primer, I may be selling the car... Not sure yet.

eckenber

Re: New Comet Guy here from South Bend, Indiana

Post by eckenber »

Any photos? You have permission to sell it only if you buy another Comet. :o
1970 Ford Fairlane 500 429scj -drag pack option
1986 Mustang GT, heads, cam, intake, vortech super charger
1964 comet calente -in progress

chris

Post by chris »

haha! Yeah, if I get anything else is will be a 2-door Center post... Not much of a 4 door fan unfortunately, plus I have a few too many projects already. lol... Here are some as of an hour ago... Excuse the crap pics, used my iphone.

These are just photos I took of the recent primer. Still have to hit the door jams and the right side... But this at least shows where I am... lol, you would get sick if you saw the before pictures... It was BAD! lol... Actually, here is just a "Snip" pic of what it did look like...

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

64 Calientes are the best looking four doors. I have seen a few real nice ones. I go through South Bend once in a while, it is only a couple hours away from here.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

chris

Post by chris »

Yep not too far away at all! We did a Michigan Mustang meet in 2009 at a campground out your way. :)