FNG

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Johnny Wishbone

FNG

Post by Johnny Wishbone »

Hey, new guy here from Mo. Looking for some good info for my 64 2 door sedan daily driver, was 6 cyl 1 speed car, now 302, aod, 5 lug early 4 piston caliper disc brake car. Still needs a little tlc, headliner, all the rubber, and some seats. I work at a Machine/hotrod/racecar shop and all I do is fool with old cars, unless I'm relaxing and then I'm driving old cars.

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: FNG

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Welcome to the BEST Comet site!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

well hello and welcome from another Missourian :mrgreen: Enjoy the site and get some pics up when you have the time. Sounds like you been round the block a few times and work in the playground :D
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

Groover

Post by Groover »

Welcome to the site, Where in MO are you? We're over in So. IL, but lived in MO for 10 years. Post some photos soon, please we like photos.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

Ojohnny

Post by Ojohnny »

Welcome Mr. wishbone, I'm in Springfield if your ever in the neighborhood.

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

Ill be darn...small world!

Saint Robert/Fort Leonard Wood here.... I'm in both STL and Springfield all the time!
67 Comet
...hell yea it's fun

Johnny Wishbone

Hey thanks Guys! I'm near Saint Louis.... Fenton actually. Not sure about pics, you guys only post Comet pics, or is any old Ford cool? Did I mention I work at a hotrod shop? You are welcome to stroll in for the nickel tour, or online tour http://www.morleyperformance.com. Here goes with some pics.....
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6569_n.jpg

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

Nice rides! Some of the old timers bristle over GM products but I think anything Ford/Merc gets a pass. I snuck in a picture of my 49 Chevy yesterday and haven;t gotten called on it yet :mrgreen: The site can't host pictures directly - you have to use photobucket or something similar - here is a link to the 'how to post pictures here' thread.

http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... f=1&t=2448

As far as your shop - I haven't looked at the links yet, but I'm interested. I am looking for a good shop - we have a local fella here but his operation is 'unsophisticated' enough to make me worry - that and he ruined a buddies heads, so the trust factor isn't really there.
67 Comet
...hell yea it's fun

Johnny Wishbone

Hix, you check out the shop link yet? Holler at me if you are going to be in STL and I can give you the nickel tour. I don't mind going to the shop on the weekends because I only live 1/2 mile away.

John

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ALL this stuff is some cool stuff---welcome ,I like your 2 dr comet,it's a neat looking ride....... :D pop :D
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Welcome! Nice Post.
OLD timers?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Johnny Wishbone

Thanks Pop, I drive it almost every day unless it's raining, saving up for front and rear gaskets and a headliner.....sort of rains in the car too.