64 Comet on its way to TN

Let everyone know a little about yourself
popscomet

Re: 64 Comet on its way to TN

Post by popscomet »

thats a cool ride ,yes in deed....but the coolest part is your 88 yro dad climbing his ol butt in and going with you....cool comet in deed,,,,but the dad is cooler...pop
pop/glenda

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

popscomet wrote:thats a cool ride ,yes in deed....but the coolest part is your 88 yro dad climbing his ol butt in and going with you....cool comet in deed,,,,but the dad is cooler...pop
Yes, we are very lucky to have him around still. World war II vet, cancer survivor, and two open hearts. Still going strong. Only thing slowing him down are worn out knees. Maybe he will be up to coming to the gathering in June in his 03 T-bird.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

tntrash wrote:
popscomet wrote:thats a cool ride ,yes in deed....but the coolest part is your 88 yro dad climbing his ol butt in and going with you....cool comet in deed,,,,but the dad is cooler...pop
Yes, we are very lucky to have him around still. World war II vet, cancer survivor, and two open hearts. Still going strong. Only thing slowing him down are worn out knees. Maybe he will be up to coming to the gathering in June in his 03 T-bird.
PRAISE the LORD !! my hats off to your dad,,,hope to shake his hand at PF,,it would be my honor !!thank you .....POP
pop/glenda

Groover

Post by Groover »

poboyjo65 wrote:That thing has a sinister look about it :evil: ! & it sounds like Christine! :twisted: Congrats!!
That's exactly what I was thinking... it sounds Bad-A! Very nice.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Groover I was thinking of when Christine comes back all burnt & smoldering, with that same wicked sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn4oGeTpVOI
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DID y'all notice the bell bottom pants??.......what your getting ready to read is the honest to heaven's truth...at 16 yrso ,I worked after school and on saturday's for a used car lot...an older and a not as old couple of guys owned the lot as parteners..they had one of those plymouths like Christine,right down to the 2x4's and push button AT,only it was tan with a gold top and interior,the old man told me to get a set of dealer lic's and put them on any car I wanted to drive as he was sending me on a errand run....yep...you guessed it ..I took that plymouth and as I was backing out of line the younger owner came up to me and handed me a 5.00 bill,,he said your gonna need this for gas before you make it back..this was back when gas wasn't even 25 cents a gallon.I drove 2/3 blocks and pulled over and removed the air cleaner,threw it in the back seat,,pulled that dude onto the street and nailed it and went to work on those push buttons,,,got her in high gear and was zipping down the street,and would kick passing gear and almost would see that hood cave in as those carbs was sucking air and gas for all it was worth,,that sucker would travel down the asphalt,,,,,it would fry that right rear tire,even to the point of melted rubber was hangin off the spring shackles,when I returned to the lot after several hours,the old man wasn't to happy for being gone so long,as he never knew which car I took,,but the younger owner told me to hurry and get that plymouth cleaned up and put back in line before the old man found out,which I did,,I almost cried when they sold that plymouth,,had I been able to have owned it back then ...today I just might be a mopar man ....fellas that the honest truth,so help me hanna ..... 8) POP
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Enjoyed the vid!
Thanks
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

pics from PF.
Imagepc screenshot
Imagepic upload
Imagepic upload
Imagepic upload
Imagepic upload

here is the commercial we talked about at PF & Doug's nickname's origin.
sung by Ed Bruce, who helped remake same commercial years later & also played the driver in the remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce8vrhRoODw
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

Cool commercial! Most appropriate that it is a Chevy guy doing the littering. Our Tntrash would never do that.

Cool pics of your car at PF.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

here is the remake ,,another trashy gm :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmR2xS2rASE
Still wish I could find the one where the big giant hand picks up the drunk driver in an early mustang & takes him off the road. another old public service announcement.
Johno

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

Thanks for the pics and the videos John! Thanks again for the wiper arm you brought me. I was all excited about having two wipers for my car. Funny thing was on the way home from PF in the rain, the spring broke on the one that was on it. I was bummed that I was back to where I started, with one good wiper. Anyway, even though it was a pain and it wasnt easy, I got the spring replaced and now I have two functioning wipers.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

That's cool & your welcome! :D
Johno