64 Comet on its way to TN

Let everyone know a little about yourself
tntrash

64 Comet on its way to TN

Post by tntrash »

I'm Doug from Andersonville, TN. Been crazy about cars and bikes forever. I had a 69 Fairlane in the mid 80's that was my beater after high school. Had lots of fun in that car! Got into Harleys and and others and worked and played with them for almost 25 yrs. Decided to sell a bike and get a car to work on. Got two boys, 9 and 11 that like working on stuff with their dad (sometimes). I think a car will be fun for the whole family! So my influence was going to the drags when I was a kid. I always loved chevy 2 novas but I never was a chevy guy and they are everywhere and usually overpriced. Started looking at fairlanes and comets and those just really sucked me in!
Anyway, I just bought a 64 comet barn find that some may have seen on ebay. A 202 with possibly a 69 302 (can't wait to check the codes!). Spent its whole life just north of Abiliene, TX. Put away in the late eighties. Got the title and it has had the same owner since 70! Got a guy hauling it to TN from TX. Gonna be here on Thurs and I can't wait!

Leaving Texas!

SASSY

Re: 64 Comet on its way to TN

Post by SASSY »

Happy to have you and your 2 team mates!!
There is a great build by a father and son on a 64 Convert could provide inspiration for your mates,,,
Look for Grover's build in Showin off.
Car looks CLEAN!!
Should be a nice one to build or,,,, those 1/4s are like gold should you decide to sell them,,,KIDDING :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Welcome,,Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Looks like a good,solid starting point!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Welcome to the site. You are not to far up the road from me. If you ever have any questions, just post away and someone will try and answer it to the best of their knowledge. Again welcome, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

Thanks ya'll for the welcome! I'm sure I will have plenty of questions. Hey Pugs, I looked your car over real good at the rat rod rumble.

ants875

Post by ants875 »

Welcome, looks like a nice car (for a 64 :D) that was just a little poke at pops. You really do have a nice car can't wait to see what you do to it.

Ant

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THATS a great start,,and it being a 64,shows you have class,now just get it road ready,for next year at the GATHERING,PUGS,can clue you all in on it,being's ya'll are so close.......again welcome and good luck POP
pop/glenda

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

popscomet wrote:THATS a great start,,and it being a 64,shows you have class,now just get it road ready,for next year at the GATHERING,PUGS,can clue you all in on it,being's ya'll are so close.......again welcome and good luck POP
Hey Pops. Yeah I was checking out the pics of the gathering. We probably would have run up there if we had known. We went to see the powertour in Knoxville that Sunday. Be a good target to be road worthy by for next year!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GREAT ,,POP will be highly disapointed if you don't come to PF,like it's been said before,fancy paint and finish ain't what it's about,we could care less..just come and try to bring the comet.....what part of TEXAS did it come from? I use to live in BELTON,my dad was at FORT HOOD,,BUT if the comet was not ready for the road,trailer it..but you and your family for sure make the vist...thank-you and if you have any ?,post it and help will show up.........POP
pop/glenda

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

popscomet wrote:GREAT ,,POP will be highly disapointed if you don't come to PF,like it's been said before,fancy paint and finish ain't what it's about,we could care less..just come and try to bring the comet.....what part of TEXAS did it come from? I use to live in BELTON,my dad was at FORT HOOD,,BUT if the comet was not ready for the road,trailer it..but you and your family for sure make the vist...thank-you and if you have any ?,post it and help will show up.........POP
The original owner was in Anson and the owner since 70 was in Sagerton. The guy I got it from is just north of Dallas. He only had it a few mos. He had plans of building a road race car but those dreams quickly faded after the reality of what it would cost to build. He bought it from whoever bought it at auction.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THANKS tntrash,from the pic's,it's a keeper for sure,keep us in the loop !! later,POP
pop/glenda

joem

Post by joem »

Welcome to the forum. Thats a solid looking 64!

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

Welcome to the forum. We realllllllly want to see that 64 at the Gathering next year. Put it on a trailer and bring it. Like POP said, "It don't have to be pretty."
Dave

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Hi,DOUG WELCOME I'M SURE YOU HAVE HEARD THAT ENOUGH SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE FOUND A REAL KEEPER ..KEEP US INFORMED ON WHAT YOU DO TO THE 64,BUT MOST OF ALL KEEP THOSE BOYS INTERESTED IN THE BUILD WITHOUT THAT GENERATION STAYING ENTHUSED THE CLASSICS WILL DIE OUT .UNTIL I C U N P/F N JUNE ROLL. COMETS. JL

comethead

Post by comethead »

Very cool car! Welcome and good luck with the build.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed