Pics of Pops Comet

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.

Re: Pics of Pops Comet

Postby frdpwr » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:54 pm

Your right Rocket, those heads get overlooked. I’m looking forward to seeing there potential with a 4 barrel carb. Per rules we had to run a 2 barrel and .480 max valve lift.
frdpwr

Postby popscomet » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:43 pm

AFTER all these yrs,the original rad in my comet has sprung a seep just below the tank about middle ways,last week we drove it to get some ice cream and I noticed a few water drops on the windshield,,not bad ,coming from the opening on the tear drop hood,,last month the floor was wet from the heater core,,,I by passed it,waiting on a little cooler weather...kinda wish I'd left the old rad cap on it,,the new one might have built up more pressure then the old system could handle,,sounds good anyway....don't know if it's worth having the old one recored so's I can keep the date on the top tank or just buy a brand new one.WE BOUGHT A FACTORY style rad for OL RUSTY,was a direct bolt in.Reckon I got my money's worth ….get time in the morning I'll put it in the shop and pull the rad and heater core,,take them to a shop and have them checked out ,,,go from there...….pop
pop/glenda
popscomet

Postby SASSY » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:56 pm

Well I doubt those aluminum ones will last as long the stockers and if it stays cool enough,,,.
When I ran a 65 Falcon in a street stock class roundy rounder I took the heater core and stuck it in a head light opening, worked great.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about?
viewtopic.php?t=1288
THE 70's MAN!!
SASSY

Postby popscomet » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:09 pm

FRED,I won't put an alumn in it..I have a CRITES cross flow and shroud alumn for a 64 comet I bought back in the 90's new still in the box....this rad son got for ol rusty looks like a carbon copy of the original in ol red,and it keeps the 351 in it cool as can be....it came out of TEXAS,,,,so's it'll be a recore or one from texas… I just don't want a alumn rad....pop
pop/glenda
popscomet

Postby popscomet » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:42 pm

the rad shop told me they could fix the orig rad out of OL RED,but they won't stand behind it cause it's so old and they suggested a new one ,O'REILY'S has a direct replacement for 133.99 plus tax and they'd stand behind it for life,,,so I might go that way ,,still might pay the few dollars extra and get one out of TEXAS,like we did for the RUSTY RELIC,,,,it appears pretty nice and well built.....still have to pull the heater core out and replace it,,,forgot to check on it at O'REILY'S today,,,,have a one track mind at times :? :shock: :lol: ...pop
pop/glenda
popscomet

Postby Groover » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:49 pm

I say fix the old one. They may not guarantee it, but that don't mean it won't outlast the new one anyway :)
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...
Groover

Postby popscomet » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:09 pm

Went ahead got a rad out of TEXAS,be here in a day or so,,price was about the same ,at least I know what I am getting as we already have one in the rusty relic and it is nice and fits perfect just like the orig ,looks just like it,,,,I don't have a clue where O'REILEYS comes from,,heck it may be the same ...soon as I get my deer camp took care of I'll check out the heater core :o ,,I won't be lucky e'nuff for it to be a loose clamp or a bad hose :shock: …..started getting kinda chilly around here lately,,so a little heat sounds good....pop
pop/glenda
popscomet

Postby poboyjo65 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:32 am

Knowing what you are getting means a lot in my book. :wink:
347, 4sp, 9''
JOHNO
poboyjo65

Previous

Return to Showing Off