rare 66 big block caliente

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
Lip Ripper

Re: rare 66 big block caliente

Post by Lip Ripper »

It was yellow when I bought it.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Fryedaddy, Nice car. What part of East Tennessee you from, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

thanks pugs.im from kingsport.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

guys,im bored not much to do so i thought i might talk a little bit about my car.im not bragging because i know my car is junk compa.red to some of the cars in this forum. ok by now i guess you all know i have a 66 caliente factory big block car.its got a new motor in it .433 fe,66 c6me block,stock crank didnt need turned but we int. bal. it. arp studs in rods and mains i used spectally prepared 390 rods,speed pro pistons 10.5 to 1,melling oil pump,windage tray,comp cam 294s cam,cobra-jet heads , alu.pi intake port matched to the head gasket,hamburger true roller timing set,msd dist. and wires,engine works box and 75,000 kv coil,950 hollry ultra hp carb,88jets main with pv,rear 96 jets with slosh tubes no pv in rear,hooker super comps,3 in.x pipe 3 in flomasters,3 in. pipes to the rear.cobra-jet big block c6 with a shift kit,3600 tci stall,4.11 9 inch rear with hoosier quick time pro tires. 500 +hp, 500+fp torque easy.i will have some ets. before the summers over to back it up. i live 30 minutes from bristol dragway
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Sounds healthy..I have the 428 PI ALUMN INTAKE on this 406 headed 390 in my old truck,I have the tri-power to go with the heads ,but I went with the single 4bbl...good luck...(you need to be on the look out for a 4spd to go with set up)......jmo.......pop
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

88/96 good gawd, that's a lot of fuel. ET slip's will be interesting. I've been tempted to run my tank up at Lakeland. Every 3rd Sunday it is run what you brung drag racing.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

loman

Post by loman »

I think it is great that you have an FE motor. Not to many people want to mess with those anymore, heck a lot of people probably don't even know what a FE is.

Do you know what FE stands for? Freaking Expensive. :D

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

one of these days im going to put a 4 speed back in it. a friend talked me into trying an automatic for drag racing hes right it is faster but im a gear jammer from way back i miss it.those88/96 jet aint that big the carb came with 92/92
fryedaddy

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

yes FEs are expensive but i allready had most of my goodies from years past,extra motors,parts i allready had and bought years ago when they were cheap and pleantyful.. i could not afford to start from scratch
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

fryedaddy wrote:yes FEs are expensive but i allready had most of my goodies from years past,extra motors,parts i allready had and bought years ago when they were cheap and pleantyful.. i could not afford to start from scratch
SAME here ,all this stuff i put in my old 66 pu is stuff I gathered up out of my parts stash,have had it over 25yrs at least,AS far as the AT instead of the 4spd in the comet,,it may be on the money more often on every pass..but at my point in life ,for me the fun factor has to be there and shifting is more fun.I have everything to put an AT in the OLD 66,but it's more fun for me to have the column 3spd shifter.I took it to the muffler shop for exhaust work,that young worker went out to the parking lot to drive it inside onto the lift,he was gone and gone,I looked out the plate glass window and he was just sitting there behind the wheel,I walked out to him and ask..won't it start?HE said ,I don't know cause I don't have a clue as what to do,this is all GREEK to me,,so I took the time to explain and show him and in a few min's he was driving around in the parking lot......he thanked me several times and might I add,he did a very nice job on the exhaust system......by comparsion to todays prices,all of my parts were dirt cheap,,,!! But back when I bought them,that dollar was just as hard to come by.Back in the 70's I gave 50 bucks for a T10 4spd,which I still have,but that 50 dollars came from me working some overtime,,how much would it take to replace it today? have a great day and best of luck on the old comet...pop
pop/glenda

Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Looks great Fryedaddy! Next time I come to Kingsport I need to bring my 65. We can get together for a cold one and talk about the old days. :)

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

sounds good to me,maybe we can take them to bristol on street fight nite. you can make as many passes as you want for ten dollars or five to watch
fryedaddy

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

loman wrote:I think it is great that you have an FE motor. Not to many people want to mess with those anymore, heck a lot of people probably don't even know what a FE is.

Do you know what FE stands for? Freaking Expensive. :D
You're just not in the right crowd. And lets don't even talk about the 427's. The Ford FE site is huge. There are builder's making monster power on pump gas. There are actually companies making new block's and head's. And anything go-fast is gonna cost you. Heck, one of the reputable FE guru's just built a standard stroke 390 for the heck of it. He got over 500 hp and over 500 torque with non adjustable rocker's. Sold it from carb to pan with belt's plug wires and all for less than $9500 as I recall. It is common for these guy's to make 700 hp with them. They're going in CJ car's and a lot of them are going into Cobra replica's, not to mention the truck version that will pull your house down. Imagine that thrill, poking down on 700 ponies in a Cobra roadster.

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

believe me i know all about those modern engine builders. im saving up to get a set of dove canadain cobra -jet heads + matching intake, the heads alone ads 80 hp over stock cj heads. wrong crowd? im not driving my motor around i have a 66 comet thats why this is my 4th motor. i like comets. sorry if i bored anyone with this engine stuff
fryedaddy

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

It was all I could do to not buy that 519hp 390. I have a great running 390 hipo but;;