Let me start!!!!!!!!

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: Let me start!!!!!!!!

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Andy;back in its street days I had 8"X15" wheels and BIG Goodyear tires on all fours,4-speed,4.62s,stiff shocks,screaming 289 [8500+],would run the canyons playing with Corvettes and others that had NO clue what was beating the crap out of them!!NO power steering or brakes back then either,didn't want them,OR need them!!! I wish all the trick suspension parts were available back then,sway bars,better shocks,better brakes,would have been even more fun!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Back in the day,,,, I didn't need or want all that sissy stuff either.
I'm ok with it now, in fact my street car actually a mini van is my first vehicle
with air, cruise and a fob and I like it,,, go figure.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Today I cut the steering shaft and temporally mounted the EPS to it
Played with mounting locations and like this one
Need to order the Borgenson joint that ties them together next.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Thought I should say a big thank-you to Comechero65 (Ron) for all the help and guidance so far!
Ron already made this mod and is using it, who better to follow?
http://tffn.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32444

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

SASSY wrote:Thought I should say a big thank-you to Comechero65 (Ron) for all the help and guidance so far!
Ron already made this mod and is using it, who better to follow?
http://tffn.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32444
Thank you Fred. I'm just glad to help in any way I can. Not a project all would jump into but there is a certain amount of challenge in trying something new and different.
I'm enjoying mine now that I have the bugs worked out. Sure raises some eyebrows and brings forth a lot of questions. Most can't believe what they are seeing. :D :lol:

Slickest part is it isn't even obvious to the casual observer. :wink:
Ron

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

The EPS unit fit up the dash real nice but very snug. Rocking the motor back and forth it hit the clutch spring and the
fresh air vent. Upon close inspection it was just the mount for the cable on the vent. wanting more clearance to make it easier to fit a anti-rotating mount for the motor I changed the cable mount on the vent. Very happy with resulting clearance!
I have made a couple of changes in the past that may or may not help this install 1) using a kick panel mounted ebrake and 2) I moved the main firewall wire harness exits out to the fenderwell area,,3-4 inches to the left.
Stock
modified
ImageImageImage
Last edited by SASSY on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Fred;glad you sorted out the rattle!! Man is it ever TIGHT under there,10lbs of S _ _ _ in a 5lb sack!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Ya there's a lot of stuff in a small area. Mine's even worse. But at least I tried to organize some of the wiring to make it accessible from below the dash to make it easier if ever needed. I also label all the wires so it's easier to identify what each wire is. Otherwise it's just a bunch of unknown wires. I also try to make the labels in such a way so they don't fall off later when you need them most.

Looks like Fred is moving right along there. Keep the motron or advil handy. Ha!
Ron
Last edited by Comechero65 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

66sevets

Post by 66sevets »

This thread is really cool to see what you've done over time to that car!

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:Fred;glad you sorted out the rattle!! Man is it ever TIGHT under there,10lbs of S _ _ _ in a 5lb sack!!! ROY.
Just trying to duplicate what the under hood looks like! :lol:

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Received another piece of the puzzle the other day. Had to buy another EPS assembly that included the column in order to get the short piece of splined tube in the pic that I cut off the bulged piece of tubing. I hogged out an inch of one end of it as per Ron's instruction to receive the stock Comet steering shaft. This piece becomes the link between the stock upper shaft and the splined imput on the EPS

The next 2 pics show the column tube has been cut close to final length and the first test fit of the upper assembly.

ImageImage

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Just some wiring and the controller part from Portugal ad it'll be done!
Thanks again to Ron, as we say in the Great White FROZEN North, ain't nothing wrong with following someone when there's 3 foot a snow on the ground! :mrgreen:
Some of the pics are already on here and some are new with details under them
http://s234.photobucket.com/user/fredsmailes/EAPS/story

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

SASSY wrote:Just some wiring and the controller part from Portugal ad it'll be done!
Thanks again to Ron, as we say in the Great White FROZEN North, ain't nothing wrong with following someone when there's 3 foot a snow on the ground! :mrgreen:
Some of the pics are already on here and some are new with details under them
http://s234.photobucket.com/user/fredsmailes/EAPS/story
I looked over the newest pics. You are moving right along and what i'm seeing looks good. I can see how you fab'd the motor anchor plate to fit to the top of the pedal support. That should be nice and solid. And you are mounting the control box on top of that so it will be out of the way. Looks like your best access will be to remove the cluster. The Bruno box will be the last part holding you up i think. Good work!
Ron

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Thanks for the support Ron, the pics are very poor I know.
I'm going to attempt to redo some of them and redo that post
I want to do n explosion shot trying to show the process.
Fred

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

SASSY wrote:Thanks for the support Ron, the pics are very poor I know.
I'm going to attempt to redo some of them and redo that post
I want to do n explosion shot trying to show the process.
Fred
The pics are good enough for me to see what you did. Of course having been there I'm aware of the fit issues. Looking good. :D
Ron