64 Cyclone

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
lowrider91

64 Cyclone

Post by lowrider91 »

Hello everyone, I just bought a 64 Cyclone. My 64 Caliente project is going slower than i thought (you guys should have told me, haha) and I wanted a car to drive for the rest of the summer. This guy put an ad on this site for the Cyclone. It's a factory 4 speed. My sister and broinlaw lived about an hour from the car in Washington State. They went and checked it out for me as I am in Boston. They gave it two thumbs up. I should get it in about a week from the shipper. Here are a few pics. Why do my pics come out blurry when I resize them? Thanks, Jim
002.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG
It's like a Falcon only cooler!

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: 64 Cyclone

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Jim;that looks like a nice,solid 64!!! Congratulations!! I hear what you are saying on projects taking too long,I'm 3 years behind on my wagon!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

lowrider91

Post by lowrider91 »

Thanks, Roy. Did't want to rush the painter or engine builder. I want to get it right the first time. Want to take my time over the winter and have it ready for spring. Here's acouple more pics. Jim
009.JPG
001.JPG
024.JPG

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Did you get it back to Boston yet?
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

lowrider91

Post by lowrider91 »

Hey Boss, it showed up yesterday. I got it to my shop last night. The car looks so much better than the pics. Started cleaning it out today. I have to put the radiator, fan and pulley back on, get a battery and the points are junk. Car has been sitting since 1974. Hope to have it running by the weekend. Post some pics later. Thanks, Jim

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Jim;that Cyclone looks great!! I think you may have scored a good one!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Great, if it is better than it looks, it must be spectacular! Because it looks great in the pictures.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry