My '65 Comet Caliente

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: My '65 Comet Caliente

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

It looks like you may have some competition for the driving duties!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Good thing it is an automatic, I don't think the little one could reach a clutch pedal.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

falcon428

Post by falcon428 »

You wanna see a little girl smile, lay into the throttle a bit, she loves it. She thinks the world of daddy and his hotrods. Hope she stays that way...lol Im sure boys will be more important than her ole pops someday, just not for a long time.
Boss/Cyclone wrote:Good thing it is an automatic, I don't think the little one could reach a clutch pedal.
Give it time she will be able to reach the pedals before I know it....LOL Guess I will have to tear the car down and go thru it just before her 16 b-day... :D

chris

Post by chris »

beautiful!

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

falcon428;your daughter and Ken,Mercury Junky,kids can match race in a few years.He has pictures of his son behind the wheel of his red 65 Cyclone. Great pictures!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:falcon428;your daughter and Ken,Mercury Junky,kids can match race in a few years.He has pictures of his son behind the wheel of his red 65 Cyclone. Great pictures!! ROY.
I have young kids also. Since we live fairly close maybe we could get a match race between your daughter and my son. I have 3 kids (1boy, 2girls) each has claimed one of my classics, the boy says the 65 Cyclone is his so you know he has taste. The girls are a little older at 9 and 11.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

falcon428

Post by falcon428 »

Sure we could be talked into a match race in the future, she should have the hang of driving duties if I get her started out in Jr Dragster when she is old enough.

65Caliente

Post by 65Caliente »

That's a beautiful car. Mine is a 4-door sedan.
1965 Caliente, 4-door sedan
289 V-8 2V, 3 speed auto

bearcreekson

Post by bearcreekson »

Hello,

Nice 65, especially with the FE under the hood. Looks like your car has a custom stainless gas tank. I know you got your car on ebay but I was wondering if you have any information on where that tank came from and what the capacity is ? I have a 64 Caliente and I want to run tubular mufflers between the gas tank and the leaf springs which is going to involve having a narrowed gas tank and having it shifted to the right a little bit if i remember correctly. However I want the best of both worlds and would like to up the fuel tank capacity to at least 20 gallons. Any info on your tank would be much appreciated, dimensions, capacity and manufacturer if possible. Thanks.