'64 Comet Caliente

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
guardrail

'64 Comet Caliente

Post by guardrail »

I'm new to the forums and just picked up this cruiser. It's got a 302/5 spd, original K code car... I'm working on getting any missing pieces together and looking to add A/C otherwise I plan to just enjoy it and cruise around. From what I can tell the previous owner refit the interior with Falcon trim. Anyone know if Caliente panels and seat covers are available anywhere?

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: '64 Comet Caliente

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

guardrail;welcome to the best Comet site.Your 64 is a great looking car,a "K" in the vin means it was a 210HP,4 barrel,not a 271HP,HiPo.It does look like a Falcon interior but currently only Cyclone interiors are repopped and VERY expensive.That interior looks beautiful and close to a Cyclone in design,if it were mine I would leave it!! JMO,ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Nice looking car, where you from?
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

guardrail

Post by guardrail »

Thanks, the previous owner did a restore himself so the interior is all new. I just figured if I could find a correct interior it would be good to get it back to match the original. I'm in Jacksonville, FL; previous owner was from South Carolina. I finished a 66 Mustang restomod last year and sold it in September, this time I thought I'd try buying something a little more turn-key and just tinker with it. It's nice to get some enjoyment out of driving it rather than enjoyment from finishing one piece out of an entire restoration!

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

very nice just like it is. looks like it needs driving. excellent find

STROKED

Post by STROKED »

GRET LOOKING CAR, I DON'T THINK I WOULD DO ANYTHING WITH THE SEATS,THEY LOOK GREAT. IF YOU DO DECIDE TO REPLACE THEM, LET ME KNOW AND I'LL GIVE SOME INFORMATION ON WHO HANDLES THEM. I THINK A WOOD STEERING WHEEL & TACH ON THE DASH WOULD BE KILLER!!! JUST A THOUGHT. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Stroked
"Alabama Fan That Bleeds Ford Blue"
http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h380/rsbaker/
http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h38 ... %20Bronco/
64 Comet BFX Tribute
66 AC Cobra Webers
73 Bronco

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I had to take a double look.....thought someone fixed my clutch and drove it away ...diff. whls...Thats a sharp ride wood grain steering whl. ,,,tach on dash would be spot on

Int. looks great Just a sweet ride ......pop
pop/glenda