Pics of Pops Comet

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
STROKED

Re: Pics of Pops Comet

Post by STROKED »

POP,I LOVE YOUR CAR. GREAT TO SEE SOME PIC'S. PLEASE PUT SOME MORE UP INCLUDING THE FORD & ALSO TELL US ABOUT THE BRONCO, I'M SURE IT HAS A GOOD STORY. COLD & WINDY IN N. ALABAMA TODAY. STROKED... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Stroked
"Alabama Fan That Bleeds Ford Blue"
http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h380/rsbaker/
http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h38 ... %20Bronco/
64 Comet BFX Tribute
66 AC Cobra Webers
73 Bronco

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

STROKED,weather is same here,spitin snow for awhile.be aday or so before I can back 56 outside to take pics.when my wife designed this house,she had a special garg.added. heated ,air-cond and this 56 sits in there in the dark.BRONCO ,1977.....had it over 10 yrs 302 ,auto,dis brs,pr steer.holley 4bbl.deer camp 3or so hrs drive.wife takes bronco,i pull camper with the flat bed.Bronco sits onfreeway slick as can be,great MPG.just a good trk.GOT 8,000lb WARN winch on it...but I have PTO winch to go on it.Behind my shop sits a 71 half cab bronco.had it 30 or so yrs no power anything .just got tired of it,[it has 1964,5 bolt 289,small cam,4bbl ,i put it in many moons ago].I need to get off this,THANK-YOU for the kind words,POP.........ps[my wife didn't always go hunting with me and i ain't always been in my 60's,if those broncos ever start talking,,,I'll get rid of them..ha ha pop
pop/glenda

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

pop, if you want to get rid of one of them broncos, i have a comet i would trade lol

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

RIVERBUM...my wife likes the 77,[auto,pow. ster],71 out back of shop,oldest grandson has his eyes on it.he's a big coon hunter,both are spoken for.thanks any way...pop
pop/glenda

eckenber

Post by eckenber »

Sweet ride Pop.
1970 Ford Fairlane 500 429scj -drag pack option
1986 Mustang GT, heads, cam, intake, vortech super charger
1964 comet calente -in progress

guardrail

Post by guardrail »

Man, we really do have identical cars!! Nice looking.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

guardrail,parked side by side, in a hurry or late nite,might get in wrong red comet...1 time I saw yours,,had to take sec look.how does the od work out?whats your rear gear?.pop
pop/glenda

guardrail

Post by guardrail »

I haven't taken a look at the gearing but it's fairly tall. I would guess something like a 3.08 or 2.90. OD is fantastic for highway cruising, makes it so much enjoyable not hearing the engine scream when you're on a trip. I think I could bump to lower gears because I can't even use 5th until about 50-55, having a lower gear would help the car with a little more pep, but shouldn't effect my cruising RPM substantially. That's one of my spring/summer projects along with A/C. My previous mustang had a 3 speed with a 3.08 and it was not the most fun running down the highway...:)

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

guardrail;most of the Mustang 5.0s had at least 3.55 to 3.73 rear gears. We did a TKO-600 swap into a 347 powered 63.5 that had 4.11s,he uses it as a cruiser and loves it! I also did an AOD swap into a 65 with a mild 302 with 3.55s,it won't shift into OD until about 65-70!!! You can actually slow an engine down too much to where it is not efficient,I put 4.11s in my F-150 and picked up over 2MPG[had 3.55s]. JMO,ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

So many people think agear change will hurt them.Told guys at workcomplaing,trk. won"t hardly pull boat up hill out of water.they want to change cams, carb .I say gears,,,,they worry mpg,they don"t beleave me...9out of 10 ,,it"ll concern a 350 chev.[I don"t waste much time on them]They won"t believe a OLE FORD guy!!I stand back and watch thier BURN down.then take my low geared smaller eng. ford and if they talk nice I help...but. thanks--pop..
pop/glenda

Mr. Squirrel

Post by Mr. Squirrel »

that is a nice comet but I also see a capri in one of those pics. 83-86 to be exact. know anything on that car. Im a big fan of Capris as I have owned plenty

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

[quote="Mr. Squirrel"]that is a nice comet but I also see a capri in one of those pics. 83-86 to be exact. know anything on that car. Im a big fan of Capris as I have owned plenty[/ quote]Capri is a 1984 5.0 5-spd,have owned it for 17 or so yrs.has stealth intake,650 holly ,289 heads,mild port,polish,bigger valvs.long tubed headers,11 in hays clutch,MSD ,8.8 ,3.73 tr.lok.south side bars under it,with a hurst shifter.performer rpm cam and lifters.A fun car on the street.got in lots of trouble few yrs back.thanks,POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Beautiful car Pop...very cool.
Motivation indeed...

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

comethead

Post by comethead »

You guys are killing me!
That beautiful 64 makes me want to tear my 65 apart and get it painted.
Baby steps Joe..baby steps.
What a nice car Pop!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Ratical wrote:yes and please feel free to post pictures of any other cars you would like to show off.
How long do we have to wait for those pictures? :mrgreen: :lol:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about