Pics of Pops Comet

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
SASSY

Re: Pics of Pops Comet

Post by SASSY »

Is the word mockingbird used as a noun or adjective here.
I need that info in order to properly visualize the portion
of human anatomy to which you refer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I'll break this down for you,FRED ! IT means OPEN MOUTH,INSERT FOOT !! I should not have put a price tag on it,,I never guessed that 16yro,dishwasher at a local cafe had that kind of money....and when him and his dad showed up the next day with the cash..I had tobe true to my word and let it go.....I priced it,he brought the money,he took it home...simple as that....the gator mouth over loaded the BIRD ASS !!
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Well I'm glad you priced it cause you probably wouldn't be here if you hadn't!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

AT one time POP had a neat collection,and my son and I built them all....64 red comet,67fairlane wimbleton white,71 bronco dove gray/white top,76blue PU TRK,65 met brown ford PU,and a 1964 mustang,just to name a few,I drove a different one everyday to work,just to keep the batterys charged and the brakes and seals in good shape,,,,still have them all but the fairlane,and have added a couple of more !POP and son have spent alot of time together,building and fixin up old cars and trucks,,now we are waiting on delivery of a rotessrie,when it comes in next week,son's 67 fastback stang goes on it for a redo,I built him this stang when he was 10 yrso,he'just had his 46thbd.but it may be a drug out project for awhile ,cause racin season is here soon and we have to build IMCA modified for grd son this year,he wants to race 2 cars this year.The high windin 4cyl's mustang and now a v8 modified.WE did this 2 car thing a few years ago,every friday and saturday night at 2 different tracks,,talking about work !!,this time we planning on altnert nights ,this home track don't run the 4bangers every sat night.MY grand-son was approaced toward last of the past season(2013) with a offer of sponsership from a local FORD DEALERSHIP,it seems a rivary is going on between 2 dealer ships...a toyota and a ford,both mangers are avid dirt track fans,and they have a stiffe for one another,the ford manger likes what he see's in CORY (grd son )...but he has to meet with his boss's after 1st of year ...so maybe --maybe not..we'll just have to wait and hope ,regardless ,we will race,we always have,,just like I've always built and painted an old ford (a few brand X's also)FORDS are the only way to go as far as my way of thinking(this is JMO)you have yours and I have mine,POP don't want any words over a brand X or a mopar,to each thier own,,,,,all Y'all have a good day and good luck on your projects........OLE POP....
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Pics of Pop & Comet

This is Pop if you want to talk Comets or Fords:

This is Pop if your want to brag on brand X:
(right before he drives away) :lol:

:lol: :lol: :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

OL JOHN,you hit the nail on the head,,thanks........POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL,my grd son got the sponsership from a local FORD DEALER,for one of his race cars,the other race car( he has 2,)HAS a sponser for the motors,if a motor blows ,he calls him and he builds another,we go get it and we put it in,but on a open wheel modified it don't take but a few mins to swap it out,,it has been done in the pits,during a race...POP
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

There is nothin quite like racin with somebody elses money,,,, 8) :mrgreen:

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

POP;congrats to you and your Grandson!!! A sponsorship really helps us play!!!! Unfortunatly,my pocketbook is my ONLY sponsor,and my Crew Chief keeps getting sidetracked by Ice Cream stands!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WE still are out a lot of personal money,,,,but we are thankful for any and all help we get.....thank you ...POP
pop/glenda

comet guy

Post by comet guy »

I sure like your 64 comet. Good pictures. Hope you got to see pictures of my 64 on countrycruier.com. Good talking to you,call anytime.

Robert

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ROBERT,thank you for the kind words,POP's comet is begaining to show some wear,due from driving it so much,we've been many miles thru out the years in that old 64 comet.....either you didn't give me e'nuff info or I wrote it down wrong,I can't get the pic's of your comet to come up,have been meaning to call you ,either forgot or will be tied up with these boys and thier race cars....pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Mrs.Glenda's 56

Johno

loman

Post by loman »

Nice! any pics of the engine and interior?

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I got that one from Dwayne's FB page,(Pop's son) it is 4-5 years old, & probably from a small phone. maybe Pop with tell him to take some more pics ,So I can put them on here.

I like the way the rad support is red & the rest of the engine bay is white it looks like.!!
Johno