My 63 project

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
rjones35

Re: My 63 project

Post by rjones35 »

I bet coating the back of the panels would help a lot. I thought about the bead roller. Either that or I have a buddy that's a car builder that can whip that stuff out fast.

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Been kinda hibernating so far this winter, but took it out yesterday for a short spin! Fired right up and ran great! One of these days I'll get back to working on it.

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Woohoo! Finally got a shifter boot. Haven't done much else to it. Been driving it some. Still haven't put the export brace bars back in.....is that bad?

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Looks good man! I'd put 'em back in sooner than later!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Thanks!!

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Haven't posted anything in a while. Haven't done anything to it, except drive it!! Actually thinking about selling it. Again. Here's a video. It still surprises me that it starts up and sounds good, after sitting for a few weeks or so.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oafAj_fvf ... load_owner

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Well RJ you have certainly improved on it from when you bought it!!
But if it doesn't excite you anymore its probably time to move on.
The 63.5s are pretty rare, (don't think Canada even got any!) and you have it running good
so those are points in your favor, good luck on the sale and point the new owner in our direction.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Thanks Fred! Yeah, I don't know...I still like it and everything, but it's to the point I wanted to get it to, even though there is still a lot that can be done, and probably most guys would do (interior, paint and body, making it prettier. ...) For me the funnest part is done. Still fun to drive, and the looks it gets are great. I'll keep thinking on it. Hell, it's paid for. If I lose my job I might have to live in it!!

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Agreed with Fred, if you've just lost interest let 'er go. That said, it's definitely a cool, relatively rare ride, and finished out would be mighty neat. Shucks, you got 3x2 workin' on an EFI lower! :mrgreen:

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

It aint eatin nutin. let it hang around. You may be glad you did someday.
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

poboyjo65 wrote:It aint eatin nutin. let it hang around. You may be glad you did someday.
agreed with this as well,, I havent done anything on Sassy for a while, I dont plan on selling so I just threw the cover on it and forgot about it, as jo said it aint eatin nothin
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Yep, and it is pretty cool seeing it when I open the garage.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Sometimes it's cool to put it up for a while, forget all the hard work & stuff . but then when you yank it back out it's like ''OH YEA! lets go for a ride!!!'' :D
Johno

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Went for a spin, first one in a little while. Sorta fired right up. Front carb float stuck, had a little flooding. Took that apart and put it back together. Then it was fine. Just went down the road a few miles, but it was fun. Max the dog figured out his head fits right in the wing.

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Vent windows are one of the greatest things lost by progress IMO!! Not the least of which is that pooch hanging its snout out man!! :lol: :mrgreen: